What cars run in NASCAR

carl

True Classic
I don't watch NASCAR but I did catch a bit of the Daytona 500 this past Sunday. Ford runs Mustangs and Chevy runs Camaros (I think) and Toyota runs Camrys? Why wouldn't they run the Supra body? Why am I even asking? Is the series becoming TransAm?

I gather spectator attendance is down, much like other racing series, even my beloved MotoGP. New kids don't even want to drive so why would they watch racing?

I must be even more bored than I thought.

I don't watch NASCAR but I did catch a bit of the Daytona 500 this past Sunday. Ford runs Mustangs and Chevy runs Camaros (I think) and Toyota runs Camrys? Why wouldn't they run the Supra body? Why am I even asking? Is the series becoming TransAm?

I gather spectator attendance is down, much like other racing series, even my beloved MotoGP. New kids don't even want to drive so why would they watch racing?

They are all ‘stock’ cars. A massive cage rolling a big engine with restricters and a double an arm front suspension with live axle. Nothing like any of the cars they are supposedly intended to mimic. The bodies are just big bloated aero covers with vague references to the car they ’reference’.

Race on Sunday sell on Monday. Sort of.

I think there is a new Spider calling your name out in the garage.

Not a lot of production toyota camry - if any - in this car

as Karl said, they are a silhouette racecar, and that's about the biggest connection they have to a production car.

Kids today are playing with their Alexa’s ;)

I realize they are just spec racers with different bodies. I think they run IRS and center pin wheels too.

I know it won't catch on in the US but pretty much every manufacturer in the world makes a sedan with a 2L turbo four cylinder motor but there is no way NASCAR could make a premier series based on that.

Nope, gotta be a cam in block pushrod V8 ... to keep those with more rouge cervical spines happy.

I don't like the racing, but I do like the technology it's helped develop.

SteveC

I think MotoGp is down because Rossi left. Love him or hate him I think people enjoyed the drama.

The supra is used in the "saturday" class, Dont know what its called today but it used to t=be the busch series

Back