What dos your X weigh?

racerx

Autoxer
I'm not looking to Bragg hear Just want to know the weight of my car compared to other fairly stock cars.I found a scale that's not locked up at knight so I tried it out this is what I got.I'm not in the car or on the scale.

splatos001.jpg

2020 pounds is in the normal range of a stock x1/9.

Getting an X1/9 under 1500 pounds is an achievement.

Bernice

I'm not looking to Bragg hear Just want to know the weight of my car compared to other fairly stock cars.I found a scale that's not locked up at knight so I tried it out this is what I got.I'm not in the car or on the scale.

weights...

My 1974 weighed in at 1940 if a remember right. Mark Plaia will have to chime in to see if he remembers.

Both of my race cars have been at 1550. The yellow one actually had 50lbs of weight on the passenger floor to make it legal for DP back in 2002.

Current car is at 1500, however as Bernice has said, getting it to be less is quite a project as most of the weight and mass is in critical parts of the car.

Eric

All the smog stuff, cat and under car shielding has been removed as well as the carb fan, so I figure 50lbs under stock, but since I'm 30-40lbs over weight * 215 so.. FYI weight reduction on your car does nothing if the driver is picking up the lost weight :rolleyes:

this is

all good stuff but I'm not talking about race cars with fiberglass.I'm talking about the average stock or close to stock X .It would be nice to see real weigh In's not guessing on some full stock X1/9's and some vary slight weight reduced X1/9's . Thanks

I recently corner weighed my '85 and the results weren't pretty.

I tried to have the car as close to stock as possible so I could quantify any changes over time. It's an A/C car with a totally stock driveline, including exhaust. I even put the Trons back on it, although they are fitted with 185 Sumitomos. The seats are Sparcos but the particular model weighs just about the same as the stock seats. There is no spare, washer tank, or sound system in the car, but otherwise it's very similar to as-delivered.

The result was 2176 lbs. The caveat is that I don't know how much fuel was in the car. I'd filled it totally in order to weigh the thing "full up", but it had sat for a long time before I weighed it and when I turned on the key to test the new cluster I'd just installed the gauge read just over 1/2. The fuel tank is seeping some at the bottom seam so I'll have to check the new gauge against the original one to be sure, but if it's accurate then my car weighs over 2200 lbs full of fuel, and that's without a spare. :-(

I was so disappointed I put 100 pounds of barbell weights in the front trunk and reweighed the thing. The result was 2276 pounds, so it wasn't the scales.

I think the service manual has A/C 1500 cars at just over 2200 lbs. It seems that, unlike Ferrari weight claims, the factory was being honest in their weight specs.

IIRC, a customer's Elise with factory light weight wheels weighed 1980 lbs on the same scales, which is about right for a street car of that size. 200 pounds is a lot to pare off of a car that I want to keep nice (and air conditioned).

Back