What range do you get with a full tank ...

A little over 300 miles...

all city with much stop & go. Probably could push it to 350 but never let it get too low... :)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEdU_lrtZk"]YouTube - Kramer test drives car on Seinfeld[/ame]

On the highway

at 70 to 75 mph, I've gone about 350 miles, but I've always refueled as soon as the low fuel warning light comes on. Combined city and highway, about 300.

That was one of my...

...favorite Seinfeld episodes. They must have had a blast making those shows.

The reason I asked is because even though I have owned seven of these creatures now...I cannot remember for the life of me, how far I could go on a tank, even though I have always had to use the trip odometer on EVERY car, because of the crummy fuel sender on the carb cars. I guess I am good for another 100 miles, or so!
Matt and I were talking about these senders the other day and will try to find someone that can supply us with some that work.

Last edited:
heres an off topic on topic question.. do you HAVE to drop the tank to get the fuel sender out? or can it all come out the top via the access panel?

Out the top

heres an off topic on topic question.. do you HAVE to drop the tank to get the fuel sender out? or can it all come out the top via the access panel?

At least on a 1300, it comes out the top, via the access panel.

The only reaso9n to ever drop the tank is if you're replacing it, or removing it to clean it.

Get out and...

...drive those Daytonas. I am getting tired of seeing your van or your pick up at our shop every day!:devil:

I gotta stay...

out of the rain with the X. It will rust away before I get it home. Rain is evil and we (4 Daytonas and myself) must show it respect.:worship:

I'm getting like 35mpg. I've done a few minor things to get it breathing easier. I could probably get that higher if I got the exhaust blowing out smoother and get the tail-lights setup the way I want. :sun:

Dude..I just wrote a bunch of stuff about range instead of MPG (which is what you asked) and forgot to click save. Now we will never know what I actually said.

about 300... more if I do highway driving. I haven't risked driving much after the warning flashes - I don't know how much the tank has left at that point. Without sender/gauge stabilization, it's hard to know for sure what's in there - the needle wavers back & forth quite a bit when cornering/turning...

Back