What to do with my original 1290 engine?

tdskip

True Classic
Hi guys - I am having John at Costa Mesa R&D build up a mildly breathed on 1500 for my 1974 X1/9 project. She'll go back in with a later matching 5 speed (engine and trans from the factory and taken out of a late FI donor car). Presuming that both won't fit in the engine bay - I'm mechanically gifted like that - that raises the question of what to do with the original 1300 and transmission.

I haven't run the car - probably a days worth of work to do so since it was in the process of being stripped down to race - but seller claimed engine and trans were good. Who knows, but he seemed like a decent guy and the miles are low (and believed to be accurate), and the sun was shinning at the time, and no black cats walking around etc....

Space is a bit of an issue, so while I normally would just store it, probably better to find a new home. Any ideas for me?

Thanks.

well if no one wants to buy it and you need to get rid of it I have a 74 shell thays in need of a drive line.

well if no one wants to buy it and you need to get rid of it I have a 74 shell that is in need of a drive line.

That might work out. Any extra bits for a '74 hanging around and/or up for helping me pull the current engine? I'm local...

Back