that are now longer available on Earth.

The newer seals are made from a heat resistant silicone
replacing the older butyl? type rubber. The newer seals
are more pliable and should perform better around the
hot pipe.

lezesig
'72 850Sp

Dayum!!!! Thats sweet work!

Any chance of a scan of those patterns? A high resolution pic with a scale would suffice, though laying them onto a scanner would be much better if possible.

I would be happy to make a DXF, PDF or whatever file for anyone else and as part of the general archive for others to share around.

Nice job. I assume the aluminum strips were sandwiched to the rubber and then the assembly riveted? Kind of hard to staple them like OE (I would love to see that machine in action...)

Karl

You are correct !

Karl,

I agree....I too would like to witness the original stapler for that process. I can only imagine bulky heavy duty steel die face(s) on a very rigid platform. Blasting through that steel, plus two plies of butyl rubber and not deforming ? Huh ? How many different workers were occupying THAT machine in the factory ? One ? The resident expert stapler ?

Making a digital file for both flat patterns and archiving them. I like it.

These seals are held tight to the pans using riveted straps. Each strap was formed and follows the original contour of the pan. Strap ends are joggled for an overlap where possible.

lezesig
'72 850Sp

:.Guinness world record holder for the longest 850 build time on Earth

Back