When no line goes uncrossed...

ColonelHaiku

True Classic
Watch this short video and decide for yourselves:

Q: Are these people well-intentioned but just misguided? Or are they just a bad lot??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcuqM1LEi5c"]YouTube - ‪Wis. Union Protesters Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony‬‏[/ame]

There are some lines that should not be crossed... just my opinion.

The Governor could have chosen to offer a private event but apparently preferred to pander to the cameras. Unfortunately he is not the most popular person in Wisconsin and there are folks in his state who will take any opportunity to express their free speech rights.

In bad taste and unfair to folks who may have little understanding of the situation but well within their rights.

It was a public forum and the public showed up.

I hear what you're saying. but...

Special Olympics is one of the few things in this crummy world that can put a smile on ANYONE’s face, and they can remind us that humankind is not a complete write-off.

The completely mild idea that teachers are not really working in sweatshops, and don’t really need unions, and that public unions face easy negotiations (playing with house money) that cause fiscal problems, is equal to opposing the entire concept of public education, or the entire concept of caring about people like those in the Special Olympics?

I guess these people really believe Wisconsin's governor is like Hitler, so what should I expect? If you care about education, you must accept even the most egregious demands. No matter that this has produced a crappy education for the student. Or a debt bomb that student will grow up to live with. Because of basic greed.

No arguement here, I used to help with the VT Winter Special Olympics. My parents all worked with the disabled as their jobs so I enjoyed being around/with them through my entire childhood.

It didn't look like there were that many Olympians in attendance or the media chose to spend more time on showing the pretty small number of protesters so we didn't really see them.

Either way yes the protest is pretty harsh but I think its the result of how the whole process was handled in that state. Ugly breeds more ugly...

Back