where do carpets go?

peter

invercargill newzealand
Hi, where does the carpet on the drivers side go? does it go under or over the bar that has the accelerater pedal on it??
I have new carpets for the car and didnt take the old ones out hence the stupid question

split down the middle

If you see a new carpet, it's split around the front console and tucked up inside. (behind the console)

Peter, is your X LHD or RHD.......??

..does it go under or over the bar that has the accelerater pedal on it??

....can't remember whether you said that your ex-USA car was LHD or RHD??

If it's RHD, the carpet goes over the accel pedal operating bar. It makes a bit of a "hump" in the carpet when doing this!

Can't answer for LHD tho, as I haven't seen one over here in Godzone yet!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

carpet problem and foot pedal

thanks for that ,its been converted to rhd in 1982. humps sounds ok to me i just have to cut a slit in it. is it best to cut along the bar or front to rear to slip accelerator pedal through it. carpet came from autodec in auckland.
what keeps the accelerator pedal from flicking back towards the drivers seat? every so often mine does this.

Carpet fitting.

...is it best to cut along the bar or front to rear to slip accelerator pedal through it......
what keeps the accelerator pedal from flicking back towards the drivers seat? every so often mine does this

Peter, cut an approx 30mm diam. hole in the carpet at the position where the accel pedal is positioned. Then slide the carpet over the pedal so the pedal pokes thru the hole - bit tight but it will go over the pedal if you force it over GENTLY!
Dont slit the carpet along the pedal shaft cover - it will forever keep flapping around and get in the way of your feet.
Be patient - just another X job to test your patience!! :)

Can't answer your accel pedal flicking query!! The pedal on my X has a firm stop to prevent it returning too far back!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back