White Revolution wheels.....

petex19

True Classic
Has anyone purchased and would be willing to post photos of thier X with the Revolution white wheels. They are 4 spoke in 13" and 5 spoke in 15".

I was curious of how they looked on the X and could you please note what offset and wheel size you are running with your photo.

White Classis Rally 13"

White Classic Rally 15"

I would have considered this wheel...
Classic 4 spoke modular wheel 13" (3-piece)-discontinued wheel

Black and Silver 13"

Black and Silver 15"

'PeteX1/9

Last edited:
Black and silver

I have the black and silver 4 spoke in 13x7. Not mounted yet, waiting on Toyo 185x 13 for the front. Three months now. These are the only Revo wheels I like. I'll mount the rears and post a pix.
Bob

Here it is in the box:
IMG_1708.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, $80 for all four and they will drill them on order to any bolt pattern needed. There's another option but unsure what size they are available in.

Revolution RFX (Looks like it may be 15" ?)

Picture of an X which I believe belongs to an XWeb member that looks like the same wheels and I love it.

These wheels I don't believe are Revolutions but I love the look and very curious as to what size and offset these are:

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/rfxb.jpg/

'PeteX1/9

Last edited:
The owners of these two Xes are buddies and have similar setups.
13" front, 14" rear.
195/45 on both ends IIRC.
Revos on one car, RSL on the other.

IMHO, this awesome look only words on a VERY low car. These two cars pretty much are the lowest around and for many people, this ride height would be too impractical to live with, me included.

my GTi was this low and its not super impractical one you learn how to drive a very low car. I believe the wheels on the red car might be Schmit <? They are popular on VW's 195/45 give just the right amount of 'stretch' and what I assume are 7-7.5in wide wheels give the right amount of 'poke'

I think impractical means...

Getting in and out on a regular basis, and oh yeah, annoying speed bumps.... Some of us are not quite as young, trim, and full of energy as we once were... sigh...

Eric

aww com'mon your taking all the fun outta the situation. I means whats a 5 hour visit to the chiropractor after every drive anyway ? :doh:

Id like to get 0924 that low..my wife will probably sign divorce papers if I do though , as literally every time she gets out of the car she complains :blackeye:

When I get the 83 X on the road it's going to be lowered... I'm definitely willing to set it up towards the extreme end of 'usable'.

I've got my Miata fairly slammed right now with adjustable Koni's set as low as they will go... the only problem I have with it is I can't negotiate serious speed bumps in parking lots. I just have to find a way around them!

For you guys having trouble picturing the adjustable koni's I'm describing, the spring perch isn't welded onto the 'strut' tube. There is a big circlip around the shock body you can move to various seats on the shock tube...and the spring plate is held down on that circlip by the spring pressure. I think it's a pretty slick 'cheapo' solution. I've heard that someone collapsed a perch once... but I think you'd pretty much have to be getting airborne ala Smokey & The Bandit to do it, and I know he had some severe stiff lowering springs on the car as well. Mine have put up with a lot.

koni-338x400.jpg

42a74215-6717-45b8-9cd5-09a0d8a84148.jpg

Luckily down in the Houston area I don't have to put up with potholes caused by extreme cold weather.

Back