who want to drive a European x1/9 ?

I have a question. who would like to have european licence plate on he's x1/9 ? anyone interested in having a EU plate on he;s car to drive arround in USA ?

I had one on my X1/9 for a day

I have a question. who would like to have european licence plate on he's x1/9 ? anyone interested in having a EU plate on he;s car to drive arround in USA ?

My X1/9 and me were in a movie for the History channel about 9/11. The scene was shot in Baltimore, but was suppose to be at Milan airport. They needed Italian cars for the scene. All the cars were given the same European tag number. I have a picture of my car with the tag some where.

hi , here in Aussie the state of Queensland we can have personal
plates with your name what ever you want ! :)

lol881.gif

fun2421.gif

002ezy1.gif

00doh1.gif

my121.gif

and many more themes !

phil

Great stuff Phil... we have some form of personal plates...

... but they are extremely hard to get in CA as we have so many folks vying for the same names and ideas. Nothing like the freedom you folks have... but then again, we aren't busted for other minor things either.

Trade-offs all around.

plates

I wish I could drive on a euro plate but you have to have the california plate on the car.

My current daily driver is a client's 500 L with Dutch plates. The CA plates are under the seat. So far no one in a uniform has asked, they only smile. I have sold lots of Italian plates, the folks have to do something with them...

Euro plates...

I have driven with Euro plates on my car for almost 20 years without issue. Of course, my X IS a RHD model so it may be a bit more believable. I do have antique plates, just in case but I keep it behind the seat normally. I have never been pulled over for plates though.
Brett

Up to one year in prison!

You guys are hilarious.

Over here in Germany, there is a penalty of up to a year in prison plus a hefty fine for "license plate abuse".
Having a correct registration for the car doesn't matter in this case.
You are displaying the wrong registration and that is taken very seriously, comparable to forging an official document.

I'm glad one can still get away with crap like that in the US.

Ulix (back in Germany since 2001)

I usually put my Michigan plate in the back window...

...except when I go to Canada. Then I put it in the correct spot just to make customs a little less of a hassel. I have been pulled over with it on but it wasn't because of the license plate :whistle:
dsc04031s.jpg

dsc02887d.jpg

This is what I run with mine...

I always liked this image (not the best quality) Looks like something out of Europe.
X+on+the+road.jpg

THis is what I usually run...
DSCN0582.jpg

Germans

You guys are hilarious.

Over here in Germany, there is a penalty of up to a year in prison plus a hefty fine for "license plate abuse".
Having a correct registration for the car doesn't matter in this case.
You are displaying the wrong registration and that is taken very seriously, comparable to forging an official document.

I'm glad one can still get away with crap like that in the US.

Ulix (back in Germany since 2001)

My 1100 TN truck was in off the road storage in Germany. I don't know the particulars, but when it was moved from storage to the docks to be transported to California, German officials stamped (out of metal) plates that have the one day's date that the vehicle was allowed on the road.
The 'other' German plates are stored in the back area in case it ever goes back across the pond.
The vehicle now has current California tags, and that's only because the German owner insisted he could not drive the truck with the one day German plates to Concourso Italiano...
So I drilled holes in the German plates, and bolted the California plates to them.
I guess there is also some rule about defacing plates in Germany I was not aware of.
I also don't change lanes when the sign on the autobaun says the lane I am in is closed half a kilometer in front of me. I rush up to the front like an Italian & squeeze in.
I think I am a wanted man in Germany.

Have "sort-of" Euro plates for the '77

But it's currently disassembled. This is an old pic, taken shortly after I got the car to the states. Didn't run around too much with the USA/NATO euro-style plates on it - mostly because the car didn't run all that well...
PIC00008a.jpg

Back