why are some sellers so uncooperative?

kayaker37

True Classic
Car popped up for sale for $600 for parts or restoration, no pics and almost no info, so I emailed the seller for a brief history, and asked when the last time it was running.

He replies back:
"I have to include the history, when last running, driven, the names of the passengers...don't waste your time or mine"

So, what are the typical questions one would ask in an email? I don't think asking the last time it ran was out of line.

Sigh,
Paul

Thanks a lot, guys...

It's apparently now all YOUR fault!

HAHAHAHA!

This is now where your PRINCIPLES come into play... whereas even if he has the PART you want for a good price... you refuse to buy it from him!

let's

let's all email, him and make good offers like $2 for a wheel or $10 for engine, or whatever, so if any1 will offer him $200 for complete car, he'll take it :))
i bet he won't be so asshole

The guy may be just an a$$, but based on my experience in selling stuff on CL, I'm willing to cut him a little slack... I've been amazed at the silly questions and comments people have e-mailed me on items I've listed... that led to no sale. I now no longer leave an e-mail address on CL... just a phone number. Has cut down the rif-raf considerably.

With a $600 "parts or restoration" car, I would have assumed the thing is trashed and its history is questionable... your questions probably should have been specific to the condition of items you were interested in. I'm guessing you would have had a better reception.

Just one man's opinion...

possible reason

His kid answered the messages. The kid doesnt want it to sell so when they are 16 they can have the coolest car in high school!

Odie

Back