Why do I look!!!

Wow nice find - looks like a good excuse to hoard! BTW looks like an '86 not an '84 I don't believe those seats or wheels were available on '84's and the serial # looks to be later as well.

Wow nice find - looks like a good excuse to hoard! BTW looks like an '86 not an '84 I don't believe those seats or wheels were available on '84's and the serial # looks to be later as well.

Yeah most likely an 85...Trons were on the 84s and same with those heat/AC control buttons...

Time to go to bed...road trip starts at 06:00 and I'll post the outcome with pics tamara night...about 2.5 hrs. from me.

Yeah most likely an 85...Trons were on the 84s and same with those heat/AC control buttons...

Time to go to bed...road trip starts at 06:00 and I'll post the outcome with pics tamara night...about 2.5 hrs. from me.

The pics better be from your driveway. That is an amazing deal--regardless of some rust or mechanical issues. Check the tires--see if they look 25 years old!

Well it's never a bad day looking for X1/9 treasures but boy getting through the Cross Bronx/GWB is like heading into Libya...

So for the report... no surprise to me that there was someone already there looking over the X and another person showed up during my inspection. So the owner who had no clue of the cult following immediately raised the bar to $1500 saying that someone from NY stopped by very early and offered it so would call him back if I didn't pony up...also was getting hammered with calls.:laugh:

Well already I wasn't feeling it! This X can be made nice but needs much love to do so. It has spent a lot of time outside in the NY/NJ elements so all the outside is really weathered...rocker and door corner rust on both sides and both rear valances are cancered from the inside through...rust under the rear trunk plate and surface rust shellacked all under the car from what I could see. Also the right rear corner next to the tail-light had a dent and the engine cover is trash.

X has a ton of potential (interior, powerplant & tranny worth the money alone!) for someone willing to show the love but I am in enough hot water at home so if this came home...oh boy :guns:

X starts up beautifully and purrs...tranny shifts like butter so very mind boggling a car sat for 25 years without being used.Drove it for a couple of blocks and pretty sure it was worthy enough it could have gotten me home (even the brakes were decent). Dash, cluster, door cards and carpets are like a time capsule but the seats do not look as good in person with sun-fading.

Frunk and windshield surround were solid but too many projects for me as it is and told myself not a penny over the grand...if it had the leather interior that might have been another story :laugh:

I was able to get some photos but with the other potential buyer I fled the scene :wink2:

ps- I did score the Original window sticker from the X so I will post it in that other value thread we had going :)

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

Back