Wife's first long solo trek in the X 19

mityfun

True Classic
I'm a little nervous today as Wifey has taken the car for a one hundred and fifty mile journey (each way.... so = 300 miles)

She has gone to visit a friends and the girls always drive their convertibles.

She called to say she made it to her destination... now I keep my fingers crossed that the return trip is just as reliable...other wise her opinion of the car will diminish exponentionally.

I have stayed close to home today in case a rescue mission is required.

Paul

EWBF

She called to say she made it to her destination... now I keep my fingers crossed that the return trip is just as reliable...other wise her opinion of the car will diminish exponentionally.

Paul

Everything Will Be Fine. :)

NEAT!

Thank goodness for cell phones.

There are LOTS of X1/9's out there with over 100,000 miles on them. The miles had to get there somehow. Have faith!!

Hey... her friends are gonna be JEALOUS!

They're gonna live the car... but hopefully NOT the AAA tow-truck driver that rescues them!

HA!

It's always a challenge with ANY older car no matter what you do or how well ya prepare. We took our '69 Vette to San Diego and back (350 miles) a few weeks ago and it ran flawlessly with my NEW A/C installed and TESTED in 2 hours of LA's stop-and-go traffic.

Went to start it today and the battery was flat!

HA!

She'll probably have a ball regardless what happens! Good for her!

Well... she made it home and loves the car!!!!!!!!!!

She says it shifts so silky smooth compared to my WRX (and she is right).... thanks to you folks here that put me onto the redline mtl stuff.

Her friends thought the car was wonderful.

Whew...I was sweating this one...she won't be caught dead in my Lancia Thema 8.32 after breaking down in the USA last year and a couple other tows after being stranded over stupid little things that always seem to act up when she is in the car.

Hurray for the X 19

Paul

HA! Great news... Its been a long time since...

... my wife drove mine... as it was originally purchased for her after two of her girlfriends bought one.

She unfortunately had a bad accident with it in '84 and totalled a Honda Accord. Lot's more to tell, but simply she was hospitalized but came out OK. Car needed a bumper, nose piece, grille, and the RF fender and hood straightened...

She hasn't driven it since (and now no longer can drive at all...) but does enjoy the ride.

Back