Will these wheels fit under the FAZA abarth kit?

ScrappyDoo

1979 Fiat X1/9
As the title states will the wheels does anyone know whether the below linked wheels will fit under the FAZA abarth fenders?

I am in the middle of moving residences and not able to mock up the FAZA kit to the car to take measurements etc.

Can anyone confirm whether the tires currently on the wheels are a safe fitment? They seem too narrow for the width of the wheels when one looks at the manufacturers recommendations. For example Hoosier suggests up to an 8 inch rim width for their 225/50/13 tires. These are 235 on 11 inch and 215 on 9 inch.

And secondly whether the WHOA brake kit will work with these wheels?

I don't normally rush into decisions but ebay sometimes forces one to react out of character.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270505229179&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

My two cents

get the Diamond racing wheels you can order them in the size you need instead of trying to making something work and they are lot cheaper too. they will do 4x98.
call them for a price.
http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/ministock.html

what will you be using the car for street,autox,road racing?

what type of tire are you looking at street ,DOT racing tire ,racing slick?

also there is these wheels .they will do 4x98 also.
http://www.vtoperformance.com/acatalog/copy_of_13_.html

Take your time do more research don't worry abut loosing out on the ebay wheels they are nothing special and price is to high when you can find much nicer wheels for lees money.:2c:

I plan to use the car as a track day toy. Nothing competitive just for my pleasure.

I would probably go with a DOT racing tire.

Thanks for the links. I will put these wheels out of my mind and continue researching. Nice to know there are options for 4x98.

Also...

...I would look at the tires first.
What tires are available, and will fit, then decide what rims will work with the tires. With using the racing rims above, you are completely free. The crucial part becomes the tires available.

another hint

Something else to consider when selecting semi slicks or slicks in a 13inch size is pick a tyre size used in an on going category of motorsport. This should ensure that your tyre size doesn't get dropped in the near future. Choosing to go with any 13inch tyre size these days is a risk thats why on or prototipo we choose to go with 15inch rims due to avaliability and supply. You only have to look at how many manufacturers dropped 185/60/13's to realise 13inch tyres aren't in high demand and therefore a decrease in supply and production can be seen.

Just food for thought

Exactly!

Here in Germany, there is Dallara bodied street car with a big turbo motor in it, all finished beutifully.
He used 3-piece 14" rims, bought brand new.
I am guessing 9" front, 11" rear or something like that.
It all goes together really well.

But now, a couple of years later, both the front and rear tire sizes are NLA. When his current set of tires is worn out, he is up the creek. :(

I am not married to the idea of 13 inch wheels. The issue arose out of assessing the value of the ebay auction items. By the way I had contacted the sellor with a couple of questions prior to making this thread. He has now responded and indicates that the tires on the wheels are 10 years old. I have to agree with the others that his price is too high for 10 year old rubber on stock modified wheels.

I think 15 inch wheels fill the arches in a much more aesthetically pleasing way on a prototipo. I love this look below:

fiatx19abarth02b.jpg

Out of curiosity what is a FAZA kit worth minus the snorkel? I bought it from a non-fiat forum so I am wondering whether I did well on it.

Back