Wilwood Brake Noise??

rturchan

Baja Bob
My brakes SQEAK, no suprise except it happens when you are not moving. Sounds like metal to metal . Almost as if the caliper halves are moving or chaffing together. Or the pistons, but that is impossible. Nothing is loose, but i still haven't put a torque wrench to everything. I'll do that tomorrow. Here is my video with the sound while on a rack and someone is pushing the pedal. Sorry it is black at first, lens cap helps. Anyone ever hear this before?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fp_USSmfsg"]YouTube- Wildwood Brake Squeak???[/ame]
Bob

Dude !!!

Sorry I couldn't resist (dude) Check the brake pedal itself , it tends to squeek as it pivots, a spray of grease should stop it. That's my guess. Simple fix if it is.

Sliders? um....ok. they aren"t floating calipers though... they're solid mount calipers.

I'm actually surprised to see the backing plate shields on there.... I would suspect that the shield is somehow to blame probably touching the rotors somehow.... you might want to re-read the install dirrections as far as how you stack the caliper adaptor brackets on the hub for proper spacing with and with out that shield. I don't have any shields on my car... can't stand them things.
as far as putting the pads in the caliper.... its quite dummy proof. and if the suggestion of greasing the "sliders" was meant that you should grease the hardware clips that keep the pads under tension in the caliper.... then you can if you want... but in my experiance the grease just eventually gums up and attracts brake dust and dirt and ends up causing a hang up problem down the road. there is a reason the hardware has a chrome plating on it.... so it doesn't need lubrication. But that hardware should also be replaced everytime the pads are replaced too.

I've heard this before... but it was crickets near a pond...

HA...

I haveta agree with Dr. Auto (Matthew) as I could be something hitting the "backing plate shields".

I would pull the calipers and take a look for "wear" around the tin... and possibly remove the shields altogether to experiment or even permenantly.

Otherwise... if it proves to be INTERNAL to the calipers... send tis video to WILWOOD!

(Good one Bob!)

Back