wiring... should I start from scratch?

myexonenine

True Classic
I have the old style fuse box in my stripped down X and was wondering if there are any kits for rewiring the car? I always had trouble with charging and generally low power everywhere, even after doing the brown wire mod and installing a new charge wire and alternator...

Depends on how far you want to go..

Currently, we finished designing a complete wiring system for another car project and is in the process of building it. This means new relays, fuse holders, connectors, Teflon insulated wire for the entire harness, brackets for everything and etc...

Huge amount of work..

I have the old style fuse box in my stripped down X and was wondering if there are any kits for rewiring the car? I always had trouble with charging and generally low power everywhere, even after doing the brown wire mod and installing a new charge wire and alternator...

Usually a fix

is to clean all the grounds. There are several! This usually helps quite a bit.

looking at it all, I'm now thinking I should just clean it all up, get rid of any aftermarket wiring in there and install all new fuses... I'll just have to spend some time cleaning all the contacts and earths.
I don't really want this car to take too long to put back together and I'm finding more work every time I take my grinder to it...

At least I've decided to do away with the heater, blower and radio.

If you can get a newer X harness

Maybe from Midwest Bayless, I think it'd be worth the effort.
I did it in a weekend and the results were excellent. But I must admit,
the job was easier having a perfect example sitting along-side.

There's just too many terminations to deal with if you plan on building one up from scratch.
Managing the headlights, blinkers and pods alone is a pretty big job.

Back