Works 037 at auction November 5, 2022

So do you put it in your living room or den? Sure as hell never going to drive it on public roads!

So do you put it in your living room or den? Sure as hell never going to drive it on public roads!

1CE5EC72-6EC1-449F-8D78-09F72031928B.jpeg

Having a awesome car and not driving it is like not sleeping with a hot girlfriend.

Last edited:
You can catch some ZZZZZs with her but that's all your going to do with her...

Vintage rally. Or at least that is what I'd do with it if I owned it.

Vintage rally. Or at least that is what I'd do with it if I owned it.
Taking an ex works GrB to most historic rallies is bringing knife to gunfight and for many events would not be eligible.

Here is a Lancia (and Alfa) last month at the US Mille Miglia warmup which I have been a part of since inception here.
DD958045-094F-46BE-8AAB-D7AE775B98A1.jpeg

The events it would be appreciated at are like Goodwood which is mostly a show and Rally Legends which I ate going to require strict racing license requirements.

Really no where to run it as a rallycar like it’s meant if you lived and brought to N America. Hillclimbs but would be forced to modify so many safety features that would destroy the historical value of an original GrB car. There is a 037 replica being built in NE to run at Pikes Peak. But if you can afford it no problem keeping in Europe and visiting it.

Me codriving GrA Integrale in US.

F5B04E1C-660A-48BC-A53A-2184CFDD1F27.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: icr
So you win the auction and you really do plan to put it in your living room to admire 24/7. Just for grins you call your Hagerty agent and when he asks if you if the car is garage kept you answer "no sir, it's living room kept". Then you tell him you guess you really don't need insurance since you won't be tagging or driving the car. Then he tells you that if your house burns down your car will not be covered since home owner insurance does not cover items that are supposed to have their own insurance. Wonder what the agreed value would be on that 037?

What ever happened to his 1000 Abarth sedan (600 body)? The one that won all his trophies.

Must be worth a pretty penny unless it has been raced by many subsequent owners who lost the provenance of his car.

Sorry to drift the original topic.

Back