World location map

Hey Mac, on the old N54 site there was a feature that I thought was pretty nifty.

It was a map of the world and members could add their details and we could all see where we were located.

I haven't seen it on this new site - am I blind? Or can't it be done on 2.0?

The reason I ask is that my son (who also posts on this forum) is travelling to the US in October and we'd like to see if he will be anywhere near any X-heads.

Where is he coming?....

let us know what state,city and I`m sure some of the forum guys will come forward and meet him or .I`m in FtWorth Texas,......

Yep :)

On N54 we used the Frappr site that Dan linked above, since we don't have an "equivalent" feature over here (yet) we can still use that for now :) although not everyone is on it. It might also be easier, more thorough (although not as whiz bang to look at) to go to the Members List on the new site here (the link is up top "Members list") which shows a location for most of our registered users too. Between these you should be able to sort it out pretty easily, or, just post here when you're looking for people in a certain area and see who replies (thats the old fashioned way ;)) Perhaps sometime we'll add a new feature to the site to replace the old Frappr setup but since we do at least already have the built in members list and user profiles on this site it would be pretty far down the to-do list right now (archive search, wiki, event forum, various other 'big' stuff queued up) Thanks and "stay tuned"...

I'm in NY

Warren,
I live in the NY area and I should be home from Iraq in OCT. But is he heading to NY city or NY state? I'm about 4 hrs from NYC. If he anywhere near me. He is welcome to stop by for dinner and some good old Fiat chat.:eat:

Flying or Driving??

What is his mode of transportation on his cross country journey? If he is flying, he will miss all the wonderful sites of the Midwest. :)

Yep. Flying is definitely quicker.

Especially when you are trying to go a lot of places on a brief vacation. I was just wondering if I would get a chance to say "Hi".

I hope he has a great trip.

If all goes well, I will be in sunny Florida in early October.

Back