WTB - 1974 steering column cover

I think I have one... but am confused by your statement of 4 pieces, Mine is only two... top half and bottom half....

I'm pretty certain it came from my 74.

I may have jumped the gun... I think its for a 128 now... not sure how I go that, but I went out to comapre it with the late model cover and it appears the hole for the ignition key is on the wrong side of the steering column.. left side rather than the right hand side.

sorry... I may still have one, I took it out of my 74 years ago.. the top half might still be in the car... it's about 25 miles away right now...

Do you need the top or bottom piece?

Hi Andy - first, thanks for the help.

I need the bottom section please. Not time critical so next time you are over there anyway...

Thank you

Tom, There is a guy a few for sale threads up that has what you need..:)

But it has a big ol' crack running right down the middle of it.

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/22754/

IMG_0025_zpsa3a558ac.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 74 column sitting in my basement. I'll check it out tonight when I get home. I'm pretty sure it has a good one on it.

Hi Tom,
Been waiting for you to PM me back with your address so I can send this cover to ya. So Pm me when you get a chance. I'll be away from home until next Wed. and I'll send it as soon as I get back. As far as money goes, this cover has been sitting in my basement collecting dust and I have no use for it so I would rather help you out with it and see it get put to use. All I ask is, if it works out for you that you pay it forward. Pay for someoneone's food in the drive through behind ya, or leave a good tip in someones tip jar, or there's alot of these parts on these X's which don't have a lot of monetary value but are hard to get a hold of that you may not be useing and you can help someone out with it. The opprotunities are endless and its totally up to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Jim

Back