WTB 38-75 SOHC cam

Damonfg

Daily Driver
Guys, title says it all. Need one in my hands this week.
$$ no object. Did I mention I need one this week? That part is critical.

Het Damon,

I'm not familiar with the numbers, but I have a stock late model CAM that's in perfect shape if you're interested.

Since I always ask the stupid question...

I will continue my tradition. Do you really mean 38-75? I can't seem to find a cam like that in the archives. Lots of mentions of 35-75 though. :confused:

Specifying the duration with no other references is largely meaningless, whats the lift, what are the lobe centres, etc etc

PBS list a B3 with 110 lobe centres which is 38/78 and 10.54 lift. (but it's a regind that needs lash caps)

I've looked thru Pittatore's entire grind list and the closest I can find is 38/76 but it has just 7.2 lift, and designed for an 850 engine.

SteveC

Maker?

Specifying the duration with no other references is largely meaningless, whats the lift, what are the lobe centres, etc etc SteveC

I agree. Two cams with identical duration specs, but different lift & lobe center specs, are going to perform differently & may require different engine hardware/design parameters (lash caps/extended valves, c/r, shaved cambox, etc.). If he had asked for a "duration xx/zz" cam from a specific maker (ie: "Faza 35/75"), then those other specs would already be known & there'd be no question on the performance values of that specific cam.

PBS list a B3 with 110 lobe centres which is 38/78 and 10.54 lift. (but it's a regind that needs lash caps) SteveC

That PBS 38/78 B3 is the only cam close to 38/75 that I could find in my own (limited) listings of cams offered by at least 7 makers/vendors that. Not to say another doesn't exist, just that it's an odd duration spec, so likely has very limited availability.

For comparison, Alquati offered 33/73 & 35/75, Faza 35/75 & Serra 33/65. Haven't checked on Piper...

I still have a Faza Daytona 40/80 original billet camshaft for sale for $250.00 and could have it shipped out to you in the morning.

This cam is streetable and will provide a noticable improvement in power and performance, with maximum power and torque appearing at the 5500 RPM range! This cam retains a Fiat stock base circle (billet not a regrind) which means you won't need to mess around with bigger-than-stock shims to set up correctly. Specs are as follows:

Grind ID: FAZA Daytona 40/80
109 degree lobe center
40-80 / 80-40 timing for 300 (int. / exh.) degrees (seat-to-seat)
15-54 / 55-15 timing for 250 (int. / exh.) degrees duration * .050 lift
9.2mm (.375") maximum lift

'PeteX1/9

Back