WTB: Front Bumper, Late, Black

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Hi guys,

I need a front bumper for my '86. Black, square aluminum late style.
If earlier "natural finish" aluminum bumpers are identical in all other respects to the black ones (which I don't know for sure if they are or are not), will consider a natural finish bumper because it's going to be powdercoated black anyway.

Required condition: Must be in excellent physical shape, no dings or damage to the metal itself. Surface finish damage OK ( paint scratches or other surface problems) because it will be powdercoated anyway.

Dealbreaker: You MUST remove the inner brackets and inspect the inner C-channels that hold and secure the bolt heads, as these can be fractured or broken and not show any outward signs that they are broken. We would not want to go thru the expense and trouble of packing and shipping and then come to find out the c-channels are as broken or worse than the one I have, which showed no outwards signs of being cracked! See this post for more info: http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/23885/

Please PM and/or email thru Xweb. Thanx!!!!:grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to give up the one from my '81. As I recall it's pretty decent, a guage or two though, I've got pictures somewhere but photobucket is blocked here. I can't see ever putting it back on. Michigan doesn't check or care that I know of. Anyway, if you think it's good enough it's yours for shipping cost but I shudder to think what that would be. Hopefully someone within driving distance has one for you?

I've definitely got at least one laying around

And it's yours for the cost of shipping. But as Jeff said, that might be steep.

Pete

I can't find my pictures back. The bumper is hard to get at being winter but I can if needed. Let me know. You could probably buy a whole car of the price of shipping though!

Shipping Not That Bad

I got on eBay and made like I was selling one just to see what the shipping would be.

The stripped bumper itself only weighs 9.2 lbs, so I put in 13 lbs to allow for the box and some cushioning material.

The bumper is 49.5" long so I allowed for a box of 54" long x 12" x12". If you could find box 10" x 10" it significantly reduces the shipping cost.

From Houston the shipping would be $32-33 by UPS Ground or USPS Parcel.

From LA, Seattle, or SanFran it would be $38-42.

From Chicago it would be $26-32.

So to get a ballpark of total costs, add about $10 to the shipping estimate for the cost of two U-Haul lamp boxes telescoped together.

Hold off on that Jeff, don't go to the trouble of digging it out just yet, I have had some responses via PM as well that may be better candidates in that the respondents tell me theirs have no dings or other physical damage.

I do appreciate your offer:hug:, but I am definitely looking for the best physical condition one that I can find other than brand new, which as you might expect is very costly.

I would LOVE to be able to go retro bumper with either the US '74 setup or the Euro setup, but I just KNOW that the car would soon be damaged either in a lot or on the road by the gawd-awful drivers we have in the Philadelphia area. I'm even taking a chance by doing the bumper tuck.

alright, I'll wait on it, mine had a couple little "gouges" anyway.
I will say that after a season of running no bumpers, it's not been a problem for me, but I park in pretty secure lots, very very little parallel parking. If I got tagged on the street at any speed, the bumpers wouldn't save much anyway.

Back