WTB Headlight switch

Quantumleap

Rich Banks
I dunno which direction to go in here, I got the Bob Brown headlight harness upgrade but still need a switch, which now won't burn out due to the upgrade....or should I buy Henk's older headlight switch modded to fit the newer harness? I'm discombobulated! Lol :laugh:

If you use the headlight switch upgrade (Bob has a writeup about this, also the Greek x1/9 club has a writeup about it also) you can use one that still available on ebay as I did. The relay setup takes the load completely off of the switch. I put my relays on a small panel and mounted them behind the dash in the switch area.

this is the one that I used, but Bob's could also be used with the same switch:

http://x19gr.50webs.com/tecnical.htm

Bob's write up:
http://xwebforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=HeadlightSwitch

John

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't go to ebay on this network but I know those headlight switches are kinda year specific so watch that. I had to mod one to work with mine.

The switch looks correct for later year Xs but the head light symbol is incorrect. It may not matter though for most owners.

Pretty sure the one with the light ideogram has different pinouts from the one that says "Lights". Well, I'm more than sure, I know since I had to convert the latter to function as the former.

The switch looks correct for later year Xs but the head light symbol is incorrect. It may not matter though for most owners.

You can swap the front cover...

These are a 4pin, on my 87 it came with a 6pin. The links to the mods show you what wire goes where.. Been working good for me for 2 years..

John

Mine's an '85

I need a replacement switch, as I've got Bob Brown's harness/relay set up, that one on eBay won't work without modifying it first, and I don't feel like doing that, this last factory '85 switch should last me a long time with the Bob Brown harness. And John, I can't do that to my burned out switch, as the old one is fried lol

I have one..... 70 bucks shipped to your door if you want...ITs brand new and simply gorgeous....:laugh:

Back