WTB: Rear Struts 74 X19

Bob S

1974 X1/9 owned since '77
Anyone have either a) inserts for my housings, b) complete NOS units, or c) want to buy my rebuildable housings if I go with new KYBs and later perch mounts?

Yes to A and C:)

I have inserts that fit your car. Or I could also buy yours. Depends on the price plus shipping.

But if you want. Rock auto has the inserts for sale They have both the Oil shocks and Gas shocks available...for the 75 but I will tell you right now that they are the same and will fit no problem.

KYB EUROPE Part # 663013 Premium; Type:Oil Pressure; Suspension Strut Insert
[Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the European Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide.] Front Axle, Rear Axle

- Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days
$47.79
KYB EUROPE Part # 363017 Excel-G; Twin-Tube; Type:Gas Pressure; Suspension Strut Insert
[Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the European Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide.] Front Axle, Rear Axle

- Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days
$65.79

Say What?

Why haven't I heard of this before? Your saying the threaded rod is the correct length for stock 74 perches, 74 stock springs, 74 bumps stops, 74 centering cones, etc? Sounds to easy as long as I can get threaded caps off my current units that have Koni inserts in them.

It depends It helps if we have pics of what you have now. It is possible that you have something other than stock. Lets see some pics...

Sorry for the hijack Bob... but jjay, are you saying that KYB has done another run of 663013 inserts? and they are actually available (not just listed as a teaser?)

pity rock auto are so damn expensive for their shipping to Australia, I will need to investigate this further...I like these inserts for general purpose use.

SteveC

I can buy them for you and ship them to OZ with my USPS account if you want to buy a bunch... You just ship them to Southern Cal.

Figure out the weight and size of the box and the rest is simple. I know OZ can be expensive but I know that those outfits make money on you guys with the shipping...

I will call them on Monday and find out how many they have and if its for real... JJ

Might just have to take you up on this jjay.... will PM....I'm sure there is something I could do for you to return the favour... I know you like to go fast and I've got quite a few go fast goodies. :wink2:

I've got a couple of sets of rebuildable housings I've been saving for something just like this....

IMO the oil KYB's are a nicer damper than the gas items for general purpose use and ride quality, but I haven't seen any available for a few years, and that price looks good.

SteveC

Yea I have enough housings to do maybe 5 complete sets. The challenge I have is that I have 4 of these cars....:eyepop:

jjay911*yahoo.com best way to reach me....

I was going to buy some of these anyway next week so hit me up...:)

RockAuto Answers

I contacted them- they said they're in a Euro warehouse and ship in 2 or so days. "Business days do not include weekends or holidays. So, an order placed between today (8/30) and Sunday (9/1) would not ship out until Thursday (9/5) and the estimated arrival date would be Tuesday, September 10th."

These seem to be FedEx drop ship item. Putting items in RockAuto cart indicated approx. $27-$30 per strut for shipping. Buying 10 raised shipping to almost $230. Not much shipping savings for buying higher quantities.

So, the two gas inserts I was thinking about would cost me $190 total with shipping.

Well that's probably a deal breaker...these things are made in Japan, and Rock auto want to ship them to Europe??? then to the US of A, and then on to Australia...charging the customer for freight at every step!...and I'm actually in the same time zone as the KAYABA factory to begin with.

jjay, I might make a few calls to suppliers at this end ... you never know.

SteveC

Good Idea... I have a buddy that travels to Osaka every few months and speaks the language and has connections.. Let me know if we need him. I just need the part numbers and we are golden...:)

Back