WTB single 13 X 5.5 BWA Sportstar

Mike has NICE ones for sale

Mike Middlestead (number two since day one) has mint set for sale and is a very good guy .

Last edited:
Thanks Grant

I already talked to Mike. Unfortunately they were the wrong size. He has 6" wide wheels and I need 5.5" .Since I already have 3 wheel I only need one more.

Thanks for the tip
Charlie

A full set is always easier to find.

Hi Charlie,

Here is a full set in Hungary. I know you only need one, but I chased one ATS Classic for about 4 years before I gave in and bought a set of 4.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BWA-Wheels-..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item417bfd04b8&vxp=mtr

Anywho... the thing that really caught my attention in this auction is that the seller talks about other wheels soon to be for sale. He is using a picture of my Daytona in his auction. I guess he scoured the web looking for CD31 wheel pictures and my picture showed up in my old Imageshack account?

BTW. I moved this thread to the FS&W forum and re-titled it. Just in case you wonder how/why it migrated. :)

Thanks Jim

Ya I saw these on E-BAY also and maybe I'll have to buy a complete set so I'm still thinking about that. Also Mike Middlestedt ( probably spelled wrong) has a set of 6" ones. Tempting and thanks for the info, may just have to pull the trigger.

Thanks
Charlie

Let me look...

Charlie,

I think I have 3 and don't use them. I'll take a look when I get over to my shop later this week. If I have one it's yours... Pretty sure I still owe you one for the 1300 engine that got my '73 128 moving.

-Courtney

No luck...

One of the three is 5.5x13 but its a 4x100 bolt pattern. Figures. Anyone need a hose reel? ;) The other two are 5x13 in a 4x98 bolt pattern, 27mm offset.

One of the three is 5.5x13 but its a 4x100 bolt pattern. Figures. Anyone need a hose reel? ;) The other two are 5x13 in a 4x98 bolt pattern, 27mm offset.

Well...how about going a little staggered with 5" in the front and 5.5" in the back?......:)

Thanks Courtney

Long time no see. Thanks for looking but I think I'll try to find a 5.5" to match the other three.

Keep in touch
Charlie

You were right Albert

I'm going to try just that. I may have a line on a 5.5 also, not sure about that yet. At any rate it should all work out.

Thanks
Charlie

COURTNEY WATERS??? Am I dillusional or...

is this the first time you have posted in many, many moons?

In any case, good to hear from you.... we SoCal guys speak of you often. Maybe that is why you moved away so quickly and quietly was to be RID OF US!

HA!

Best wishes anyway, and good to see yur still kickin'!

is this the first time you have posted in many, many moons?

In any case, good to hear from you.... we SoCal guys speak of you often. Maybe that is why you moved away so quickly and quietly was to be RID OF US!

HA!

Best wishes anyway, and good to see yur still kickin'!

Tony, He's been coming and going helping out a lot at the "FWD Fiats" section!!....you know his expertise in128's!!....Thanks Court!!

Tony!

Indeed, I pop up now and then in the FWD section... And once in a blue moon elsewhere. Work has consumed a ton of my time so whatever spare time I have is usually spent in my shop instead of behind the computer. I'll have some fun progress pics to share one of these days.

Leaving the whole SoCal crew behind was one of the hardest parts about moving. I was just getting to know you guys! I may be back one day but for now I'm doing my best to resurrect some rusty east coast cars :)

-Court

Did you ever find one?

I have three in excellent shape and one in very bad (re-welded) condition. I'd either like to buy a good one and refinish four or find a home for the three I have.

Anyone got a good condition 13 x 5.5 sportstar they want to sell?
If not, anyone looking for an incomplete set to buy?

FYI they look like this:

13 X 5.5 BWA Sportstar wheel with a 98 MM bolt patern. It's a 4 spoke wheel. I need one, any out there?

Thanks
Charlie

One set of 6" BWA SportStars still available...

canon074_zps1c3449f0.jpg

Pic of a set I sold last year.
Another set is available, not quite as polished as pic,
but very sharp condition.
Totally stripped/de-scuzzed to virgin metal, & semi-polished.
$400 + approx $70 ship to lower 48 states.
Yah...they're a couple bucks more than typical used wheels.
There is a reason...they're much nicer than typical used wheels.

Back