WTB: Spare Parts for Lemons Race

bikesandcars

True Classic
We're at it again for this year (2011 capital offense). This time however we'd like to bring a spare engine / transmission in case of issues.

our ideal path is to buy a 1980/81 parts car, but I haven't been able to locate one. If you have one let me know but I'm open to buying piecemeal. our ideal goal is to have spares of parts that we would expect to break.

Things I"m looking for in particular:
1500 CC Engine (rebuildable condition, complete engine please)
1500 CC Transmission (rebuildable or OK, if comes with engine even better)
1500 clutch / misc parts (or a motor/tranny combo... basically a whole swap if not included with above)
1500 ignition (1981 or similar, bosch electronic ignition module / distiibutor (if I can't find one with the engine)
1500 front and rear control arms / uprights

I'll pick up anywhere in NJ, southern NY, Eastern PA, WV, etc. or we can do shipping

I've got a complete 1500 engine

and the front suspension and rear without the springs, but it's from a 78 when they had the 4 speed attached to them (4 speed is complete with flywheel and starter). The 78 1500's had points ignition. The engine turned over before it was pulled, but wouldn't start. It would only spit and sputter, but never started. I have a complete 5 speed case and a 2nd partial with some odd and end 5 speed parts that I'm willing to get rid of too. The struts are the tube insert type and are worn out. The strut tops were shot as well. I removed the springs and want to keep the rear springs for my own ride. I have 2 electronic ignition boxes, a few coils and a couple of disassembled distributors. I also have some drive shafts and good used CV joints.

I live close to Va Beach, VA. That might be a trip for ya, but I've got a lot of stuff that I need to clear out if your interested. Drop me a PM and we can make a deal.

Last edited:
Got what you need

I have an 81 that i am parting out. The engine is no good but the trans is rebuilt. I also have all of the ignition parts including the distributor. I need to keep all of the suspension components for now. I live in Ga so will have to ship. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks, Barjon

Thanks guys, I'm trying to work it out with that guy in Buffalo first, as it's got everything I need in one trip. If that doesn't work out I'll get with you folks for piecemeal

thanks again!

We're actually trying to run a 1980 model in the west coast races, since the Daihatsu Charade we won C class with at T-hill August '10 needs a friend, preferably something a bit slower and unreliable.

Anyway, I put on Megasquirt+EDIS a few years back on it and the actual owner (a team member) bought a 4 speed (with axles) also which is currently complete but disassembled. We don't plan on ever using the 4speed or any of the stock EFI and ignition parts, so they're yours cheap. Just don't mention to Jay about the Megasquirt :)

Back