WTB STARTER RELAY ARNESS

(no tiempo< NO TIME > Too many things on my dish to do, No tiempo to go to buy the relay, wires, connectors etc.
If somebody make they're own and made an extra ones I would love to buy one of

STARTER RELAY ARNESS

PM

Riccardo.

If your car is a 5 speed there is an extra (threaded?) terminal on the starter solenoid that is powered only when you are operating the starter. Originally there was a wire on carbureted cars that disabled the gulp valve when starting.
Run a wire from the terminal to the plus terminal on the coil. No relay required.

If your car is a 5 speed there is an extra (threaded?) terminal on the starter solenoid that is powered only when you are operating the starter. Originally there was a wire on carbureted cars that disabled the gulp valve when starting.
Run a wire from the terminal to the plus terminal on the coil. No relay required.
If I installed one Relay? Do you think will be affected? or just will be a 50.00 bucks spend? At this moment I prefer to spend a couple bucks more and gets "peace on mind" Right now I solve my issue, and my X starts great! but i hate to have this feeling " if fails ones, it will be to fail again"

I bought this works perfectly in my x19

Thanks a lot! I'll contact with this guy/company on this days.
regards!

If I installed one Relay? Do you think will be affected? or just will be a 50.00 bucks spend? At this moment I prefer to spend a couple bucks more and gets "peace on mind" Right now I solve my issue, and my X starts great! but i hate to have this feeling " if fails ones, it will be to fail again"
Your install won’t affect this system as it is one of the outputs of energizing the starter solenoid, the other output is the starter engaging.

Your install won’t affect this system as it is one of the outputs of energizing the starter solenoid, the other output is the starter engaging.
Thanks Karl,

At this time, I got a new starter from Bayless, the new style GEAR REDUCTION STARTER.

I'm frustrated that I've kept it for over 10 years + a starter with some issues, maybe time on the shelf could be the cause, whatever. At this point I replace the entire ignition system with a new one, I will include the wires from the relay kit.

Thanks again!
\

Thanks Karl,

At this time, I got a new starter from Bayless, the new style GEAR REDUCTION STARTER.

I'm frustrated that I've kept it for over 10 years + a starter with some issues, maybe time on the shelf could be the cause, whatever. At this point I replace the entire ignition system with a new one, I will include the wires from the relay kit.

Thanks again!
\
The starter relay is an easy mod, I put my relay in the spare tire well just above the opening to the engine bay where the main harness goes through. There should be a threaded stud on the face of the metal in that vicinity. It is a worthwhile modification as it takes the load off the ignition switch when starting.

I have a reduction starter and I still needed the relay - no issues EVER after installing the relay (even with a new ignition switch it would not work well without the relay, 40+ year old wiring and connectors add up to a lot of contact & wire resistance).
I love the reduction starter motor!

Back