WTB Trunk Access Panel for my 81X

geekdaddy

X1/9 Learner's Permit...
Just made an unpleasant discovery, my nearly rust-free 81x must have had a trunk leak which resulted in a badly rusted trunk access panel. Didn't find it until I pulled the carpet and the trunk "sub floor".

It's bad enough that I don't want to repair it. The lower passenger side is rusted through and the screw holes don't have much surrounding them in that area. Fortunately, the trunk floor seems to only have some moderate surface rust and can be repaired.

SO... Looking for the most economical part + shipping option for a trunk access panel which is rust-free or nearly so.

Found the same on my '81. Lower 2" or so of the access panel is completely gone all the way across, insulation was saturated. My "fix" was to clean and treat all the rust and put foil tape over the gaps as a barrier to more moisture. Yes I know that won't stop it but it'll slow it down until I wreck it.:geek:

I have two trunk access panels, both are solid with minimal areas of surface rust. All in with shipping from the UK, £85, thats about $130.
If there is any interest I will post pictures on here.

Back