X down river in flash flood?

Not a stock one that's for sure. The integrated look of the rear quarter trailing edge and the spoiler doesn't ring a bell.

Plus, I would think an X would float nose up rather than ass-end up.

It looked like it at a glance...

But I think it's the rear wing/spoiler and the back glass of a hatchback. Still, terrible stuff!

Wow...

Amazing the guy with the Landcruiser saves his beginning at 1:12... locking the hubs I think, not letting air out of the tires as the narrators say...

Shocking how fast it comes up. I cannot imagine!

And amazing at just how fast it picks up cars and carrys them away! At first glance, it sure does look like the back half of an X heading downstream - targa bar, black engine cover - but then I paused it and saw that it was like other have said - the back of a hatchback with a spoiler. Crazy stuff!

Wow, insane. Nice that guy saved his truck, but that is quite a risk getting anywhere near that river. One slip and it is the end for him. I think I wouldn't be bothering with the umbrella. :D

Sad most of those cars could have been saved if people had any idea that parking lot could flood. I'm sure nothing like that had ever happened and the sheer possiblity of it getting that bad was out of their realm of outcomes.

Our lot at work has flooded before and everyone knows you may have to sprint to save your ride! (I did it during tropical storm Allison in 2001!)

BTW... the thought just hit me... SUMMERTIME?

This is the middle of your SUMMER!!!

What the hell happens during the WINTER?

Just saw more of this on the news here in LA-LA-LAND... where its 81 at noon today. I realized watching the flooding that folks down there were walking around in shorts and T-Shirts. I imagine it must be HOT and MUGGY as well!

The East Coast here is expecting more storms and snow and Bob Brown reports its -9 degrees in New Hampshire... Today in California we are indeed blessed... probably as a people though, we don't deserve it, but I for one appreciate it.

Wishing you folks the best...

Not an X

The angles on the rear don't fit right. The roof isn't Targa (you can tell it's part of the body). It I had to guess what it was...i'd say Acura Integra (Very late 90's or early 2000's). Either way, sucks for the owner's of all those vehicles. :sad:

Edit - Could also be a Honda Prelude, like all Honda/Acura's they had similar body styles.

Last edited:
Geez... So then... when does it snow then?

HAHAHA!

God... it amazes me how long I've lived and how much I have still to learn!

Tony,

I wouldn't worry about it.

I once visited your country to attend a conference in Tampa. During one of the coffee breaks, I was standing on the balcony making small talk with a very intelligent local gentleman who was CEO of a significantly-sized company.

It was summer in Tampa at the time, and I commented to my new USAian friend that the current heat and humidity was very similar to a Brisbane summer.

I could hear the gears and levers in his head whirring.

He came back with "It's summer here now, but it's cold in Brisbane, correct?"

I answered "Yes".

He replied "Yeah, but you still call it 'Summer', don't you?"

He was of the firm opinion that it was "Summer" the same time all around the world - except some places had "hot" summers, and some places "cold" summers.

I finished my coffee and walked back inside.

Regards,

Brian

Oh yes it does... but its rare!

I think IOWA is the only state that hasn't had an earthquake in recent recorded history.

I believe I read once that the geography in New England is so relatively FLAT and UNBROKEN, with LARGE TECTONIC PLATES... that when there is a shaker... it is felt for HUNDREDS of miles around the epicenter.

The smaller and broken up geography around here kinda isolates ours to some extent...

But yeah... we sure have a lot of them! Especially when there are dramatic shifts in temps, like we are experiencing lately!

Amazing the guy with the Landcruiser saves his beginning at 1:12... locking the hubs I think, not letting air out of the tires as the narrators say...

Yeah I had a good laugh when I heard the narrator saying that :D

by the way its a Nissan Patrol, but I'm only saying that cos I own a Landcruiser...

Back