X Heads Meet in Germany

halojm

True Classic
I had a great time meeting Ulix in Stuttgart, Germany, having dinner at a local pub frequented by fervent German soccer (I mean football) fans, then ripping around in his sweet 74 X. Ulix was a great host and his 1600 74 X is an absolutely beautiful beast. Ripping uphill on some winding roads outside of Stuttgart and having the rear tires brake loose just doesn't happen very often in an X.
Thanks,
Dave

Ulix and his X
UlixX19.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

Maybe we can ask Ulix to share a few photos of his power plant? :wink2:

Nice looking X. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
OH I have never had a problem getting my rear tires loose in the X, its all about how brave your are on your entry speed :) (or in my case suicidal)

Sounds like u guys had some fun, I hope to make it out there some day to drive the nurburgring.

Side note: Wil weighs 68 pounds...

Soaking wet!

Now... I can get my 205/60s to break loose with 4 times as much weight aboard... and White Fang useta swing and sway its little behind with Mel and I aboard. Never could figure that one out...

Most of you know me... here's a photo of Mel and White Fang if ya don't remember.

mel.jpg

Last edited:
I had a great time meeting Dave here in Stuttgart. Fortunately the weather was good enough to take the X out to meet him. :)

This man is like a story book, Dave has done more exciting things in his life than 5 average guys put together. If you get a chance to have a beer with Dave, don't miss out!

Ovi

Sorry, but I'm already back in the USA. I was in Stuttgart for a military planning conference.

Dave

Mercedes Pix

Since Ulix works for Mercedes, I told him I would send him a few pics of Mercedes G240D Gelandewagens being used (abused) in Afghanistan.
Dave

Crossing a river on an Afghan ferry
AfghanFerry.jpg

Building a rollcage on a G240D with a Soviet BMP ring to mount a heavy machine gun
DavesGarage2.jpg

The finished result
Werewolf.jpg

WerewolfwithM2.jpg

Awesome

On my next car, I will order this special "road rage" option!

Thanks Dave.

No Bob Brown motor...

Hi Bob,

this is no BB motor, viewable only with anti-bling sunglasses. :)
Unfortunately, I don't have your patience.

But I did do a little last minute touchup...
Note SeattleX1/9 hat:

"Cleaned" firewall (Fuel pump was later relocated out of sight as well):

PBS head:

Stock pistons milled to protrude 0.5mm:

Still looks great Ulix

Nice work = nice work, no matter how you look at it. :cool:

Thanks for sharing!

cool motor pics

You've gotta have some tight clearances when the pistons are protruding out of the block, the head is milled flat, and the headgasket thickness is keeping them from colliding!

sounds like you guys had fun. I'm planning a trip to Europe in June...and plan on a day's stop in Stuttgart. anything I absolutely HAVE to see with only one or two days there?? I'm thinkin Porsche museum :D I'm as much a porsche guy as a fiat guy after all....

yah... i think that confirms it!

It's brand new and phenomenal! Ulix might have some other suggestions (like the Mercedes Museum) but you've got to see the Porsche Museum.
Dave

One photo to tease you
PorscheMuseum23.jpg

And a link to the rest of the pix
http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt21/mffjm/Porsche Museum/

I was kind of already decided anyway.... but it's nice to have the opinion of people who have spent the time and money to travel there.... the excitement is killing me!

Back