X1/9 in SILVER STREAK for sale (not mine)

Sure makes it sound like...

...this was the exact car used in the movie, the way he has it worded.:pigsfly: Almost bordering false advertising. Maybe I am reading too much into his ad?
silverstreak.jpg

Certainly not the car driven in Silver Streak, or even same colour or model. Here's a clip of the yellow 1300 in the movie...

[ame="http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHmlVFAc7M&feature=related"]YouTube - SIlverStreak - X1/9 at end[/ame]

Happy New Year!

Car has been for sale before.

This car is about a 1/2 hour from me. Me and another local X guy went and checked it out last June. I believe I posted it here as well as on our local CHI-FLU website.Overall the car is in pretty good condition. It has several minor/fixable issues. This is what I posted at the time.

The car came from Arizona about 3 years ago, but it does have a few issues mostly cosmetic. Although we started the car we did not take the car for a ride. The worst issue is some rust starting under the paint around the windshield. This would need to be addressed immediately. Other issues are: Missing Tron hubcaps (these are pretty much unobtanium), the regular amount of paint chips for a car this age, some slight oil leaks better than most, heater lever frozen, a few lights out, a broken interior door handle. Owner is Mike Marcucci (630) 334-9268 Sugar Grove, IL Looking for $4200 might be negotiable. You can view some pictures here.

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/bg1982x/86X Sugar Grove/

I was just about to post that video Mickey

Certainly not the car driven in Silver Streak, or even same colour or model. Here's a clip of the yellow 1300 in the movie...

YouTube - SIlverStreak - X1/9 at end

Happy New Year!

My Youtube account name is " soshootme2". I edited that video and posted it way back in 2009. That section of the movie goes on for minutes, so I cut it down to include only the X1/9 scenes. :)

oh, looks like I fell for that one, sure sound like false advertising. "As seen on TV" or "similar to as seen on TV". I was expecting it to be personally signed by Richard Pryor!

That is certainly...

...the way I read it. I remembered that the movie was from around 1976, however....and that the car was yellow...:)

Back