X1/9 parts Portland OR & Vancouver WA!

theXbomb

True Classic
Hey I just stumbled upon TWO 1980 X's at the Vancouver WA Pick & Pull at 9605 NE 76th Street, Vancouver,WA, 98662.

Both are 1980 carb'd and are chock full of goodies! I stripped a few things I needed, but for the most part they are un-touched. Somebody tore into the dash on the brown one, but didn't take much other than a lot of switches. Both have complete engines & transmissions too! I took the frunk off the orange one & the trunk off the brown one. Both also have nice looking tops with the headliner in them! I already have two, so I left em' for somebody else. Both have all the glass there too! The guy at the counter says they will be there for about 3 weeks or so before they go the crusher. ALSO...in the rebuild lot they have a 1986 X1/9 thats totally complete to be sold as a WHOLE (no parts, you buy the whole car as a project) with A/C that they say does not run, but they don't have the keys either so who knows. When I opened the door the dome lights came on & everything looks ok aside from some half-a**ed repairs here & there. It's got 127,000 miles on it & they are asking $1,495.00 for that one. So yeah, stumbled on THREE X's in one place!!! Thought I better share the info with everybody! :nod:

I just recently found one in a Southern California junk yard myself....

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Dont tell anyone.. Until Im done....:shh::shh::italia:

Heh, well...

I half thought about keepin' my mouth shut, but since I got what I needed I thought I'd share the wealth! If I took anymore than I did I'd just be making a glutton of myself! I damn near got both those tops and even sized up extracting a 5-speed (just for an extra!) but I left em' there. Didn't wanna make a glutton of myself..... :eat::drink:

Mirrors...

One of the mirrors is gone, the other one has a mirror & I almost grabbed it just in case somebody needed an extra. I'd say it's maybe a 7 out of 10. Its not perfect, but not too bad. I'll be back out there not this weekend but the next & if it's there I'll get it & send you a pic. If you like it I'll send it your way, if not I'll keep it in with the extra goodies!

Maybe too much trouble....

But if either car has a solid (aka rust free) engine cover, I'd be interested in them, as well as the hardware to attach them. I'd also be interested in a drivers side mirror if there's one available, and although shipping might be prohibitive, I'd take the targa tops and that rear wing with the center brake light and wiring. I live in Salt Lake City. Thoughts? Feel free to tell me I'm nuts. Regardless, save what you can. I hate to see these go to the crusher.

e-lids

Engine lids are both rusted
rear deck w/spoiler was gone when I was there.

I got a good windshield thanks to MM hands and technique.
Couple other small items as well.

A nice pair of black door panel are still there in the red car,
no speaker cuts or heavy wear, great shape 9s in my book.

KYB gr2s on brown car.

Good hunting.

Thanks Xbomb

Jeff

Good score on the glass!

Always rewarding to pull windshields intact.
My score was a battery mount for NapaGrape 128.
Nevermind it came outta Chevy pickup...

The complete '86 Bertone looks pretty decent.
Except the tranny case has a 4"x4" ventilation hole at back of ring gear.
Also some kinda title complication/hoops to jump through.
Price just dropped to $1300, rumor is they might take $850 at some point,
plus sales tax, plus $25 documentation fee.
U-pull tranny outta one of the '80s for another $150, plus core charge,
less 33% parts discount for 30 days with vehicle purchase!

Do some tranny R&R, toss in a few hail marys,
and might be into a decent Bertone for $1000.
Do ya feel lucky?
All the Tron caps being there is a good omen.

Engine lids are both rusted
rear deck w/spoiler was gone when I was there.

I got a good windshield thanks to MM hands and technique.
Couple other small items as well.

A nice pair of black door panel are still there in the red car,
no speaker cuts or heavy wear, great shape 9s in my book.

KYB gr2s on brown car.

Good hunting.

Thanks Xbomb

Jeff

Hmm those door cards are tempting... I wonder how much shipping would cost??

Yer' Crazy!

Haha! I hate to see these go to the crusher as well. I spent WAY too much money up there on my last trip. The woman would strangle me if she knew! I am able to grab a few little items here and there, but as far as big stuff like tops & doors, well thats a little much for me! I rarely get days off from work other than evenings & have minimal time for parts collecting & shipping, so sorry I am not much help! I am gonna try and make a run up there again tomorrow and see whats left. I wish I had nothing but time to burn doing Fiat related activities, but as long as those bills keep appearing in the mailbox I gotta' keep my nose to the grindstone at work! I must say that we DO have a great bunch of Fiat guys & gals here and I really like that we do all we can to keep each other on the road! :cool:

Back