X1/9 radiator

If you've got an old one just get a high efficiency core put in locally. That's all I have in mine and even on a 40+C race day the temp stays pegged at 92 degrees. I never even use the fan.

I was offered all sorts of expensive alloy ones - what made my decision was helping a mate prepare his Works 037 Rally Car for an event. When I went to bleed the radiator I found a normal X1/9 radiator in there. I figured if it was good enough for Abarth to put in a Supercharged 16v, it would do me just fine.

Of course a copper/brass one is heavier than an alloy one - but don't forget that for every 1kg you remove from the front you need to remove around 1.5kg from the back to preserve the balance... speak to your suspension setup guy!

Demands on a radiator...

Hey I'm looking for a good racing radiator for my Eurosport ,

Are different for a street car vs a true race car, IMO. Race cars rarely idle, and almost always have air flowing through them from vehicle motion. In addition, the type of racing would have an impact. Quarter mile cars don't even have radiators, for example.

What form of racing are you going to be doing? And will this be a dedicated race car, or just an occasional warrior?

Pete

Welcome!

Nothing to add to what's been said above (have my eye on the Vick's radiator as well, but not sure if I need/want it, and part of that is more for looks, and its covered up, so...)

BUT, I did want to say welcome to the forum, and also to encourage you to post more (maybe over in the discussion forum) about your car. I have a eurosport body kit, but my research could only locate reference to two others in the US. Wondering if yours is one of the other two, or one I didn't know about, etc. And since I'm still building mine, I'd love as much details as you can provide about yours :)

Hmm!

I wonder, I'll have to check, if this would work better in a Scorpion. Seems there's more room in a Scorp, the radiator tilts the other way.

Same radiator and fan though, so the stock radiator is good for a 2 liter TC motor (including track day) without overheating. If anyone is overheating the problem is not the cooling system capacity or design of the radiator, it's a flow or pressure problem.

Same radiator and fan though, so the stock radiator is good for a 2 liter TC motor (including track day) without overheating. If anyone is overheating the problem is not the cooling system capacity or design of the radiator, it's a flow or pressure problem.

Spot on, Greg. Just not enough "bling" for some people.

Eurosport

Hey thanks for the welcome,good luck with your car, I say if you're Gona buil one just buil it righ,my car took 5 years and over 35k to finish,10k was just on the motor and 7 on paint job and 4k on stereo, the rest was body kit , installation , suspension,wheels,interior,etc,the car is super fast, I have 11.5 wide wheels on the back and 8.5 in front which looks good with the kit and makes the car very tight on fast curbs , but most inportant I used cam2 fuel on it which is very expensive but makes the car go from 0-60 in around 5 seconds,was going to install a turbo but it's fast enough ,to much for ny roads,it won many fiat shows back in the 90's or so , it's pear yellow but it has 7 different shades of color depending on the sun, I love the car I have 4 other ones but all stuck motors with minor racing parts, well good luck again I'll try to post some pics of it , righ now I'm working on motor and getting it ready for spring time

I'd sure like to see...

but most inportant I used cam2 fuel on it which is very expensive but makes the car go from 0-60 in around 5 seconds,

The build sheet on a 1.5 SOHC that can reliably propel an X to these 0-60 times, it would require well over 220 hp. Can you supply details about the engine build?

Thanks,
Pete

Hey thanks for the welcome,good luck with your car, I say if you're Gona buil one just buil it righ,my car took 5 years and over 35k to finish,10k was just on the motor and 7 on paint job and 4k on stereo, the rest was body kit , installation , suspension,wheels,interior,etc,the car is super fast, I have 11.5 wide wheels on the back and 8.5 in front which looks good with the kit and makes the car very tight on fast curbs , but most inportant I used cam2 fuel on it which is very expensive but makes the car go from 0-60 in around 5 seconds,was going to install a turbo but it's fast enough ,to much for ny roads,it won many fiat shows back in the 90's or so , it's pear yellow but it has 7 different shades of color depending on the sun, I love the car I have 4 other ones but all stuck motors with minor racing parts, well good luck again I'll try to post some pics of it , righ now I'm working on motor and getting it ready for spring time

Please post some pics!!!...would love to see your monster X!!!.....

Back