Xweb does it again -- trans leak suggestions.

geekdaddy

X1/9 Learner's Permit...
I've only had my X driveable off and on for two seasons. Inbetween seasons, I scrubbed a lot of crud off the bottom of the engine/trans area and made some minor fixes/tweaks. I also sprouted two very small leaks along the way. Mentioned one in another post related to a crack in my oil pan. It was a very small leak but created a nickle/quarter size drip spot in my garage after a few days...

Had a similar leak -- maybe a little worse -- from my trans. Fluid was leaking onto the trans mount and exhaust hanger and then dripping off the ground. It was a very slow leak but any leak is a bad leak (IMO). This thread was EXTREMELY helpful. Especially the suggestions by Steve H.
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/8254/

I've got my lower crossmember and engine mount off, so I took the opportunity to loosen the forward trans/mount stud, clean/dry the hole, and threadlock it. When I pulled the stud and let things sit awhile, I found a little trans fluid oozing thru the hole so I hope/expect that will solve the problem. XWEB COMMUNITY IS AWESOME!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm

I've only had my X driveable off and on for two seasons. Inbetween seasons, I scrubbed a lot of crud off the bottom of the engine/trans area and made some minor fixes/tweaks. I also sprouted two very small leaks along the way. Mentioned one in another post related to a crack in my oil pan. It was a very small leak but created a nickle/quarter size drip spot in my garage after a few days...

Had a similar leak -- maybe a little worse -- from my trans. Fluid was leaking onto the trans mount and exhaust hanger and then dripping off the ground. It was a very slow leak but any leak is a bad leak (IMO). This thread was EXTREMELY helpful. Especially the suggestions by Steve H.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPqMSU_TzEE&list=UUlJpB9p9yXmMu4wPnncAK1Q

I've got my lower crossmember and engine mount off, so I took the opportunity to loosen the forward trans/mount stud, clean/dry the hole, and threadlock it. When I pulled the stud and let things sit awhile, I found a little trans fluid oozing thru the hole so I hope/expect that will solve the problem. XWEB COMMUNITY IS AWESOME!

Well we certainly can't let geekdaddy just fix that link, it is to funny to be lost. So if I quote his post it should live on. :) :devil: :thumbsup:

Oh man

That was awkward...
My 10 year-old likes to make youtube music videos with special effects on his ipad.
I check-up on him sometimes, and found some objectionable language in this one which I cut and pasted to txt him (to remove it).

Wrong clipboard entry. Sorry about that.

Kid has some skillz

At 10 I was probably using the same language (although I didnt know what it meant), but playing with sticks and dirt instead of making high tech music videos.

I will cut the kid some slack because he probably hears good old dad out in the garage using the F word to communicate with his Fiat. :)

Back