XWeb Powers Activate: Form up a Harvest Theme

emrliquidlife

True Classic
So my church is having a Trunk or Treat theme party.

My daughter wants to use the X for this. So, I thought I would solicit advise opinions, and scrutiny from the forum.

I'd like to use the front bonnet area as it would be unique, but the rear trunk would be easier to fill.

A few notes...I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of fruit. I think that would get expensive. However, I don't mind buying the craft stuff because it is something that my daughter and I could do together.

Any ideas?

Here is some input from our bulletin:

Adults are encouraged to decorate the trunks of their cars in a harvest theme (this is not mandatory though). Prizes will be given to adults for the "Most Original Trunk Design" and "The Most Harvest Themed Trunk".

If ya wanna WIN... ya gotta do BOTH!

There will be NO other car like it with TWO trunks!

I'm pretty sure REAL fruit and pumpkins and gourds and stuff will probably be LESS expensive than the FAKE stuff. You could try 99 Cent stores for lots of foliage too... and maybe some baskets instead of a "horn o' plenty"...

or... stuff them with HAY???

or... make a "figurative horn o' plenty out of a huge coil of wire...

or... make a BIG horn of plenty out of wire and crepe paper and have the car coming out of it stuffed with food or surrounded with food, like it was part of the harvest!

OK... I'm done... that's enough...

Front trunk lined with 4mil poly...

and filled with ice and juice boxes for the tykes. Rear trunk decorated up with all the stuff Tony said. Well, maybe not the hay, it gets kinda hot back there... but yeah, you gotta use both trunks.

Pete

Tony is right

This is definitely the way to go!...

or... make a BIG horn of plenty out of wire and crepe paper and have the car coming out of it stuffed with food or surrounded with food, like it was part of the harvest!
(funniest thing I've heard all day, though it is just morning)

Assuming you don't have that much motivation, I'd definitely say use both trunks. Craft stores and even places like Walmart sell miniature bales of straw, about a foot long/wide in dimension... you could probably fit a number of those in the frunk with some fake or real foliage, gourds, and the like. Could turn out pretty good. Share pictures of the end result and good luck!

Looks like it will be a prison theme. Don't know what got into Pitter, but she decided that she wanted to have a jail. Today we cut the heck outta some cardboard. Now I have to figure out how to fasten it around the car.

I figure kids will reach in to grab the candy.

I will have on a prison suit...Pitter is superwoman.

Ed

Hmmmm... just what's in her Kool-Aid?

Will you be wearing one of your OLD jumpsuits or is this just a costume?

I didn't think the "county" let you keep them...

HAHAHA...

Back