Yes Songs

We are definitely dating ourselves with music choices

I love YES too, but I came in during the Drama/90125 when the abstract progressive writing style melded into a more melodic style.

To be honest I never really gave the older stuff much of chance but since you've taken the time to share it, I will give a few looks/listens.

This one is my fave YES song from any ERA... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78BivgombIE"]YouTube - YES - TEMPUS FUGIT[/ame]

"Yes" was the band where everything fell apart with all the 'rockers' I hung with in the 70's! Seemed everyone had minor opinions or disagreements over other bands, but when it came to "Yes", the lines were drawn. I remember hearing about a mild fistfight at a my friends house early Saturday morning... one "Yes Hater" named Rick fell asleep and a "Yes" album was loaded on the Greg's turntable. The record player was put on 'repeat' for the duration of the night! Seems Greg woke to a fury of punches, and the two were actually quite ticked at each other for a few hours. I'm pretty sure an hour or two of skateboarding together had reduced the "taking it too far" joke to a good laugh by noon.

I've got both guys as friends on facebook... I'll have to look and see if they've 'friended' each other! Time to go stir up some crap from 1978!

Back