yugo at the ring

Interesting if nothing else.
Interesting enough for me to watch the whole thing. Because of hearing loss and accents, I would usually bail on the talking part of any video. But, I wanted to see the yugo do the "Ring".

I realized there was absolutely not one other car I saw in the video I would rather have been driving on that track.

Last edited:
I think a Yugo would be a great project. But only if you could get a rust free one cheap. (Doesn't sound hard to do - right? A cheap Yugo.)
Problem is the nice ones go for more than a nice 996 version of a Porsche 911. And that's not cool. An expensive Yugo is just - wrong.
And, not that it would be fast, but a dual engine Yugo (X drivetrain in the rear) would be cool! :) Even if it had a rat body. Maybe especially if it had a rat body?

If Boris is the guy with the hat, I can do without him. The owner missed or ignored most of his silly jokes. Squint your eyes and you can imagine it a 128 sedan. I imagine most Yugos in the US were put out with the trash at some point.

Gotta love the Adidas tracksuit.

I've mentioned this before, but several years ago I came across a Yugo parked next to a house near my property. When I stopped to talk to the owner I was surprised to learn they bought it new at a (then) Yugo dealer here is Vegas. So it never left the desert. I could not see a spec of rust on it. Apparently after only two or three years of driving it, the engine would not pass the smog inspection (suspected issue with the carb, which was a very odd configuration). So he parked it right where I saw it under a carport. Very low miles, 100% original, zero damage, complete, very nice overall condition but sun weathered. He said he would let it go for $500. Unfortunately it came at a time when I had significant family issues going on (elderly mom was in the hospital for heart surgery), and I already had more project vehicles sitting waiting to be done than I could handle. So I decided not to buy it. Several weeks later after mom appeared to be recovering from surgery I started reconsidering it. However when I went back to see the owner the car had been sold.

We also saw a post on Xweb about a trio of Yugos for sale at a very good price. I seem to recall one of them was in pretty good shape, so between them it appeared to be a decent start for a project build.

So there may still be some worthwhile ones available out there. Actually I'm surprised to read the earlier post that Yugo prices have gone up that much. It's pretty much one of the last vehicles that I'd ever expect to see increase in value.

Back