Yugo Rear Disc brakes

DTohill

80 X1/9 Carb
I have been thinking about getting a Yugo for a while now. I have owned a Fiat X1/9 for a long time now. SO, I figured switching over to a Yugo wouldn't be that hard. I have an extra 1500cc engine and would love to put in a Yugo. Another thing I want to do is put disc brakes in the rear. (I've seen it done to a Fiat Spider). Is It possible for a Yugo?

Thanks
Dan

I have been thinking about getting a Yugo for a while now...I have an extra 1500cc engine and would love to put in a Yugo. Another thing I want to do is put disc brakes in the rear. (I've seen it done to a Fiat Spider). Is It possible for a Yugo?

Fiat 124 Spiders had rear disc brakes as OEM standard equipment...unless you mean Fiat 850 Spider?

For the Yugo, the conversion to rear disc brakes is the same as for the Fiat 128:

http://www.mirafiori.com/~courtney/128/tech/brakes/128dbc.html

where to get the adaptors

OK now that I see how to do it. where to I get the adapter plates and spacers?

It has already been done.

Courtney Waters over on Mira has already done this conversion for the 128, and it is for sale.

Wander over and say hi to him.

Eric

Already send him a message.

I sent him an email. But I wasn't sure if the address was active. If anyone has another way to contact him. please let me know. thanks

Courtney Waters over on Mira has already done this conversion for the 128, and it is for sale. Wander over and say hi to him.

That is Courtney's Mirafiori.com-hosted webpage that I posted. :nod: Email info is at the bottom of the page.

Back