Ziggy encounters the same...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
... Mechanics and Smog Testers I have over the years...

ziggy.gif

Reminds me

of an incident in summer of '75 when I went up in the mountains of SoCal with some friends for a few days of camping...drove my X and had just been out for a spin and parked it in the dusty damned campground parking area and walked over to our spot when one of my friends returning from a trip to the local store says "there's some guy trying to pry your engine hatch up with his fingers". I walked over to see what was up and the guy tells me the engine is still running (it was the carb cooling fan) and he's looking for a way to turn it off.

HAHAHA...

I've never heard of anyone trying to stop an engine from running by prying open the hood.

Most of my "similar" experiences were with Smog Testers and DMV folks... The DMV guy kept asking me to open the "hood" and pointed up front... so I did... and I show him the VIN plate and stamping... Then he asks me to open the "trunk" in the rear and I said "Why, there's no VIN plate back there..." and he said just open it, so I did.

Finally hes says... "OK, I gotta see the engine..." and I said, "All ya had to do was ask!"

Most of the Smog Testers had the same trouble... and then would not know where to hook up their equipment or where the carb idle and A/F adjustments were.

I believe its no wonder I would FAIL one year, and then do nothing and pass the second time... HA!

Make'em "Do the dance"

The "where's the engine dance" that is. It is always fun and I run with it every chance I get. I plan to roll into the the local Fiat... errr make that Chrysler... dealer soon and see if I can get a dance partner. ;)

Back