Thinking about having another BBQ

jjay911

True Classic
Well I am thinking about having another BBQ in a few weeks. Who is up for one? This time Korean BBQ over a hickory ships..Not gas...:nod:

Here is a pic of the garage lately.... I will keep everyone in the loop. But lets do it after the weather turns cooler....

DSC08153.jpg

DSC08155.jpg

DSC08152.jpg

Hey Jeff...

Can't come, but like the look of your lift. What is your ceiling height? I have just under 10', and have always wanted a lift. Can you tell me more about it?

I was looking at my cars in the garage last night thinking I could probly put in an electric lift and stack them, then I have room for another car !!!!!

JJ, Ive been thinking. I dont think you really need all those cars so why dont I come over and just take that x home.

If you want to take the 850 out for spin...

You have to take the Dallara out of the garage to lower the lift. Then at that time, you end up realizing how fun (the Dallara) is to drive and you take off. You come home 5 hours later and "Dang it..! 850 is still up on the rack"...

Question for Jeff

Jeff,

Just curious what your floor to ceiling height is. That picture shows an abundance of clearance above the 850. I think your builders blessed your garage with extra clearance.

Cheers,

Cesare

OK... I will take some cool pics later this afternoon and post them along with the garage and lift info....:)

Ill fly out to Cali.......

......if I get to drive the Dallara (dont worry, If I decided to take off with it Id only make it as far as Florida lol)

I measured its 11feet 6 inches. Here are some pics I took today. I lifted the lift a bit higher to show you how much room i have. I can actually go a bit higher but this is as high as I can go with out the door hitting something. And dont ask about the car on the lift, I aint tellin. Its a Mystery Car....:wink2::wink2::eyepop::cool::whistle::whistle: only those that come to the next BBQ get to see it....:jedi:

DSC08358.jpg

DSC08357.jpg

DSC08356.jpg

DSC08355.jpg

DSC08359.jpg

I measured its 11feet 6 inches. Here are some pics I took today. I lifted the lift a bit higher to show you how much room i have. I can actually go a bit higher but this is as high as I can go with out the door hitting something. And dont ask about the car on the lift, I aint tellin. Its a Mystery Car....:wink2::wink2::eyepop::cool::whistle::whistle: only those that come to the next BBQ get to see it....:jedi:

DSC08358.jpg

DSC08357.jpg

DSC08356.jpg

DSC08355.jpg

DSC08359.jpg
Whats the car in the lift? :king:

Maybe a Spec Racer Ford, or a C or D spec SCCA racer.

Pete

Not a Ford. And street legal with Plates. Turn signals the works...:laugh:Hand built with Carbon Fiber Tub....But alas only the BBQ attendees will see it... I wont post photos unless I have it finished and I have some work still to do...:cool:

Hey Greg...

I did some research a few years back and found that I could install a lift in my garage with a standard 8 foot ceiling. Granted... the newer 9 and 10 foot ceilings are much more preferable... but if you already have a second story there ain't much you can do except for digging DOWN!!! HA!

There are many different models out there but almost any 4 - post "parking lift" will work, you just have to know when to stop lifting and what cars you plan to use on it and with it. I was considering my Vette and the Fiat... but obviously a typical 3/4 ton pick up would not be a consideration.

I gave up on the idea only because of some other considerations and shelving and storage arrangements I already had in place. I sure plan to have one in my next home regardless though... even if I don't need it for parking. Having one for maintenance would be ideal.

Hi Jeff.

Sorry to say I can't come to the BBQ but I can help with the space problem.
I'll be happy to take over the Dallara, just put the HRE wheels on and I'll arange a pickup for overseas shipping.

:wink2:

I wonder what I should cook for the next BBQ.. What do you guys think of this???:shock2::shock2::shock2::shock2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ&feature=player_embedded"]TurBaconEpic Thanksgiving - Epic Meal Time - YouTube[/ame]

Jeff, looks real healthy.

Sort of like John Madden's Thanksgiving TurDuckEn with about 8 turkey legs for the MVP football players to munch on.

Just let everyone know what time to show up when it's ready. We don't want anything cold and dried out......just right at the point of perfection.

Mike

Nothing official but I am BBQing and have plenty of food for those that are hungry for lunch. Lunch is served at one in the afternoon. Come over if your hungry. Just got a new grill and it is not Gas powered.. Its a nice Hickory Smoker.....:thumbsup: JJ

949 910- 1206

Nothing official but I am BBQing and have plenty of food for those that are hungry for lunch. Lunch is served at one in the afternoon. Come over if your hungry. Just got a new grill and it is not Gas powered.. Its a nice Hickory Smoker.....:thumbsup: JJ

949 910- 1206

I hear the weather down your way is really nice JJ. Enjoy!

Back