Smaugz

Don Moreau
20170703_113049 (Medium).jpg
20170703_151831 (Medium).jpg
20170704_150021 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20170801_115110643_HDR (Medium).jpg
IMG_20170801_115051320 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20170801_115041958 (Medium).jpg
I have been dealing with Midwest Bayless for some time now and have gotten to know the great people that have assisted me with my 79,80 and 88 X1/9s. My only issues with these cars was the electrical system, (all fixed thanks to Madd Matt and Xforums), and the major was the lack of power. When I was down in Columbus Ohio for a Bluejackets Florida game this past winter I got wind that Midwest was going to start doing K20 builds. Much to my surprise Matt Brannon told that not he but Xman Brayden Connolly was starting up this venture and I was welcome to set up a meet. After much debate on what I wanted done and what cost was going to be I delivered my 79 x1/9 to be prepped for the refit. The damn car bit me one more time by dying on hwy 407 at Hurontario st. in Toronto and refused to restart. Four tow trucks and 13 hours later it was delivered to Buffalo where I was met by Matt,Marnie and Brayden to hand over the car. I will keep updating this post with pictures as Brayden tools away at the car.

Sounds like fun! I did know that Brayden was going to do one, but didn't know it was for a customer. Will be looking forward to the pics.

Indeed, nice choice. I hadn't realized they were starting back up.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

A complete strip of the car. Wow, it will be a new car!

Sounds like fun! I did know that Brayden was going to do one, but didn't know it was for a customer. Will be looking forward to the pics.
Brayden is doing mine first then over winter you may see him do his own as he got a great birthday gift, Personalised K20 plates. I'm sure he'll be doing his next. LOL

Indeed, nice choice. I hadn't realized they were starting back up.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

A complete strip of the car. Wow, it will be a new car!

Yes, they have started the K20 install back up but Brayden Connolly is the Xman behind the whole project. He is amazing at what he knows and how he applies it to the cars. Here is someone who paid attention in the shop. When I first dropped my car off, Brayden had, with one quick look, torn my car apart in his head and had each and every flaw he would have to deal with down. I am looking forward to seeing the car take shape as he cuts and welds his way to the actual install of the K20.

That will be VERY nice. Can't wait to see more pics!
Hi Tim. From the picture in your signature, it looks like you are back in the X1/9 K20 club. Welcome back. I just read your post on your website. Sounds like an awesome project.

Hi Tim. From the picture in your signature, it looks like you are back in the X1/9 K20 club. Welcome back. I just read your post on your website. Sounds like an awesome project.

Thanks Rodger - How is your X doing? Are you driving it yet?

Looks to be coming along very nicely! Any glitches/adjustment in the construction, or has it been pretty cut and dry process for them?

You have come a long way. All down hill from here ;) I was toying with a different approach to a k24/20 install and have the intake mani point the other direction than the stock setup. Allows for a high performance kTuned intake manifold and removes the need to run the custom throttle body "neck" or having to customize the fuel tank or the metal around it. More power too :D

G1HLf-LN1U_f46UYOw0TATV7bL_heVIb8mpTZwULZzKJFvnzrt3F5cLFlg3dOqs9Dy8wNz28=w3414-h1952

Back