Making Dallara Stripes

Clearly you don't have enough to do so I'll throw out another idea. :D How about changing the fabric for your custom top to color match the new graphics/paint/interior?
Really looking great!

Clearly you don't have enough to do so I'll throw out another idea. :D How about changing the fabric for your custom top to color match the new graphics/paint/interior?
Really looking great!

Great minds think alike :D

I'm getting another top in June from upstate NY, so I was planning on cutting that one up in a similar weight reduction fashion, but covering with red or yellow vinyl, perhaps.....

No response from the sign maker all week. I don't think they can be bothered with my request.

Whether or not they come to fruition I will be adding another decal to the duct flat on each side:

Hotwheels.jpg

Thing what I definitely would do differently, if are interested to know :
-wouldn't paint inside of pillar vents red on plastic.
-keep icsunonove decals on sides
-paint black or red roof
-paint/keep black door handles.
But mine mine is not even running :D yet

Last edited:
Thing what I definitely would do differently, if are interested to know :
-wouldn't paint inside of pillar vents red on plastic.
-keep icsunonove decals on sides
-paint black or red roof
-paint/keep black door handles.
Buy mine mine is not even running :D yet

ICSUNONOVE is still planned for the doors - trying to find a place that will print them :(

I tried painting the pillar vents all red, didn't like that. Having them & the door handles all black breaks up the body lines, IMO especially with all the extra crap I have going on :D

Maybe I should try the all red version again - the pinstripes break up the targa sail as it is

Dallara-Wheel-Arches00032.jpg

even with the earlier arrangement I didn't like the black handles

X19-Exterior00080.jpg

I'm getting a spare roof, so that will be either red or yellow when done.

Yours is coming along nicely, the body looks so much better so far :)

Last edited:
Sorry, edited my comment, didn’t mean to sell it ahhaha was meant “but” instead of buy.

What are you saying, Daniel? It looks like poo, but pretty colors :D?
I just mean when need emoji with conflicting significations. So you may take them the way you want.:rolleyes:

I like the overall packages. There are some details I wouldn't do the same, but it's all personnal. I'm still waiting for the next step: a Fiat X19 with a Volvo engine, AWD. o_O

Found an online resource that will print the ICSUNONOVE on 3M vinyl. They went back & forth with me to work out sizing, etc. Very prompt responses & the pricing seems very good - $38 for the pair. They are sending me samples of the reds they have, hopefully one is close enough to look a good match.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.18.57 AM.png

Joe,
We probably have seen a hundred recent pictures of your car. Thanks you! But none of them was having an engine cover, we have to look at your signaure to see it. I could understand you want to show the world your nice motor, but do you plan on fitting a lid?

Joe,
We probably have seen a hundred recent pictures of your car. Thanks you! But none of them was having an engine cover, we have to look at your signaure to see it. I could understand you want to show the world your nice motor, but do you plan on fitting a lid?

I know, I can't stop looking at it :D I'm itching to get the "ICSUNONOVE" lettering now, thanks to your prompting :D

My wife was 'on vacation' this past week - but I have had to work (from home) since we used our snow days and vacation days in March when schools had to close, but State/County guidelines were yet to be defined regarding teaching with 'iLearning".... so, not really any work on the car this past week, been catching up on house chores.

The engine cover isn't going back on until I'm done fiddling with the engine/drivtrain teething issues. After about 400 miles I have a stress crack in the rear AC compressor mount ear, so I need to unbolt that & weld & reinforce the ear on the compressor. That, and generally observing the bay for any signs of issues is just easier with the lid off. I promise I will put it back on though, OK? :D The only thing I had to change was the hydraulic strut - I had to move that to the driver's side due to the AC compressor. The step in the engine cover is greater than the height difference of hinge / AC compressor

Dallara_Paint00204.jpg

IMG-20200316-170837.jpg

none of them was having an engine cover
I had the same thought. Glad that you will be reinstalling it eventually.

O.K., now I'm nitpicking I know...but looking at the pic of your engine cover I noticed something that I'd want to slightly improve upon. Definitely a personal choice thing, nothing important, so take it with a grain of salt. I feel like the type of screen you have on the cover (see pic below) looks a bit like a farm animal coop. Perhaps switch to a nicer appearing type of mesh. Maybe a polished SS material, or a hexagon grid panel, or some other design of wire weave. There are several options to choose from other than generic galvanized hardware store stuff (unless it isn't what it appears to be). Sometimes the little touches make a difference and small details like this stand out to me. ;)

Dallara_Paint00204.jpg

I had the same thought. Glad that you will be reinstalling it eventually.

O.K., now I'm nitpicking I know...but looking at the pic of your engine cover I noticed something that I'd want to slightly improve upon. Definitely a personal choice thing, nothing important, so take it with a grain of salt. I feel like the type of screen you have on the cover (see pic below) looks a bit like a farm animal coop. Perhaps switch to a nicer appearing type of mesh. Maybe a polished SS material, or a hexagon grid panel, or some other design of wire weave. There are several options to choose from other than generic galvanized hardware store stuff (unless it isn't what it appears to be). Sometimes the little touches make a difference and small details like this stand out to me. ;)

Yeah, it's elcheapo screen I put in many years ago when I first removed the raintray. I'll have to look around for something more professional :D
Can't find the original - this is from the Dallara assembly - you can see it's plain grid mesh

Dallara_Paint00203.jpg

You see, that's the problem with building such a nice car...everyone finds the smallest things to criticize. :p

I have some left over honeycomb from the grille -I'll have to see what that looks like under the cover. Other versions with slightly smaller mesh are available

DallaraNose00085a.jpg

SS mesh in 24x36 sizing is more than I care to spend on this, and styles are meh....

I could live with your mesh. You got so many projects going around, I would just postpone changing the mesh until you have more time or accidentally find the right material at a bargain price.

On the other hand, if I had to make a Jeff of myself:p, then I would nitpick on the front tow hook that look too much like a home hardware cheap hook. There are so many great looking racing hook...

Like this one at $12,99
1e9fc2cd7454f518acdbadb68c8dfe44.jpg

or a strap....like this one
5bc8731b5607310da16b331b-large.jpg

Back