Show us your "real" Garage space....

When I made a walking closet for my wife two years ago she told me that she wouldn't need that much space for her clothes. -Ever. Today it is packed with shoes, skirts, blouses...
I think it is the same with a garage. If it has space for "stuff" you stuff it. I swore when I cleaned up my dad's garage after he past away. He kept lots of "stuff" that maybe could be useful in the future. Unfortunately I am just like him.

My garage was converted a little over a year ago to an inlaw suite for my disabled uncle. His house sold recently so as soon as we are able we are building either a 56x36x14 or a 56x36x10 with an 8 foot tall loft garage in. In the mean time i have a 20ft shipping container for tools, a portable garage for the x, a second portable garage for the bikes and lawn stuff. The second one has also been turned into my fiberglass shop for the wing. There also is a non pictured 8x10 portable shed for my wood stash. The 2 spiders are at my friends house waitng to be able to be worked on as soon as we are "released".

View attachment 31307 View attachment 31308 View attachment 31309

Odie
This is how I imagine Carl's garage...
images

Bernice's garage...
75d47a39e4cf2014a0ab4d0f66b45c07.jpg

Trump's garage
wHepTFisGs4hh_xKpHGdVWY_jik.jpg

@DrJeff's garage... (nobody have seen his cars...)
images

our oldest member garage
images

some kid's member garage (with problem to align the car properly) (Note the absence of phone poles in the surrounding)
porte-r-40-plein.jpg

images
A 850 member garage

Mike Hynes garage
de8b94bc99900dc77f1278eae71bd52d.jpg

Hussein (@lookforjoe) garage
vvg_closed.jpg

@BEEK's garage
838fb1ed4dc2eecad25a140681006c4f.jpg

our youngest member's garage
815puLu06GL._AC_UY218_.jpg

My garage (in my dreams...)
QH5c7J74ssEPIU06_M14kgMLRrojn6lyUnFYzTJlGPFhSqs7nhCnm1FEurxHpusCpKzdIhhPjVygx3TEcy_0pLgi1YMJsAqUH4KMr6Jt23Bnx_HK_zsS0Mie0q7xLdOlo81nGvd-lOk=s0-d

In fact, my garage is more like the way I imagine Carl's garage...
You can see I was having some time to loose...

will take that garage! Right now all my cars are at school. My plans are to build a 2000 sf ac/heated garage within he next 2 years.

My working 'garage', all 10x17' of it, with 2L twincam engine awaiting honing for reassembly.
I have another tent alongside with the Maserati in it.
IMG_1704.JPG

Sport coupe pressed against plywood.
Plenty here for Daniel to look at.;)

where are hidden the 3 other weels!

By my left foot as I take the picture; that one is out to check centering ring fit; tires arrive Thursday.

When the motor is ready, the engine lift will spin around and come to the front, and I'll roll the coupe right in from the back.

The computer in the foreground is an empty (but robust) case; makes a good seat.
It's all carpeted; there's a stereo in the picture, too.o_O

I'll play. My garage (after years of a 2 car carport & adjacent mad scientist 10x14ish workshop) project has been documented over at Mirafiori. I'm still feeling through a practical setup that keeps most of the spares on hand, has storage for the cars themselves and is a comfortable & efficient workspace.

garage54.jpeg

garage2.jpt.jpeg

garage1.jpeg

from across the 'net, this is outside, in process..note the decent (but really too steep to comfortably push a DOA car inside unless I work out more) surface slopes & the drainage outlet that ties into a drainage system across the yard. Looking at this, I am SO glad the large construction is now over!

file.php

ceiling is 12' & change, doors are 8'. NO big trucks or RVs will enter. The spousal unit had design authority on the outside aesthetics (which is also the reason it is not a metal building w/ a brick facade).

from across the 'net, this is outside, in process..note the decent (but really too steep to comfortably push a DOA car inside unless I work out more) surface slopes & the drainage outlet that ties into a drainage system across the yard. Looking at this, I am SO glad the large construction is now over!

file.php
The link to Mira gives me an error stating:"You are not authorised to download this attachment." And who puts an "s" in authorized!?!?! ;)

That white spider looks really cool!

Jeff, my brain went into toxic shock when I saw that "assembly" tent.

The link to Mira gives me an error stating:"You are not authorised to download this attachment." And who puts an "s" in authorized!?!?! ;)

That's probably how some VP in the inner circle at Fiat spells it. Here....

garageconstr.jpeg

Yes, Carl, that white Spider IS really cool :)

file.php

Pick a bay and mount a winch on the back wall. Pull the DOA car into the garage the same way you would get it on a trailer. :)

Yes, the back wall is probably beefy enough to withstand a missile attack. Probably need to do some structural engineering research & compare that option with a floor lug. It's right around 4% up to the garage & 2% to the carport from the low point that I suppose is obvious in the photo. The old driveway basically had an ad-hoc pond during & after a rain storm around the location where the shade is in the photo.

When I get bored, I go to my parts storage room in the basement and cull through my X parts for parts I really don't need and rearrange the boxes much like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. I decided I really didn't need two old plastic coolant tanks (I really don't even need one as I converted to a SS tank but I like to have a spare just in case. I also don't need three spare radiator fans (two spares are OK), used stretch head bolts, front crank seal carrier, crankcase vent swirlpot and many other silly items just taking up space....all to the trash can.

The other side of the room is full of 124 stuff including a motor, trans, rollbar, wheels, driveshaft rebuild parts, headers etc...and I don't even have a spider at the moment....well I do spiritually but it's called a Miata, and this does not count the complete spider interior and later style bumpers in storage at my daughter's house.

I see now that CG has room for all my 124 stuff and only needs to show up with his truck and Paypal account. This would set in motion fate which would then make a spider for sale cheap in my area only needing all the parts I just sold.

I see now that CG has room for all my 124 stuff and only needs to show up with his truck and Paypal account. This would set in motion fate which would then make a spider for sale cheap in my area only needing all the parts I just sold.

CG definitely has a special Fiat power. He showed up and took away my 124 last August, then a month later Tim5055 asked me if I wanted my 86X back. I would not have had garage if not for CG. :)

Back