Official Member Car Picture Thread

My 85 Bertone

IMAG0121.jpg

IMGP0073.JPG

IMGP0076.JPG

Bought it 15 years ago for a few hundred dollars with 53K miles on it. Rebuilt the engine including port/polish and cam (don't remember the specs). The trans was trash so I installed Strada gears cuz it was all I could find (2500 RPM * 60 MPH). Installed Koni struts and an IAP header (modified to actually work :rolleyes:). Put 30K miles on it in 2-3 years and pretty much left it sitting in a garage for the last 10-12 years.

Because of the fiasco with the IAP header (and possibly the cam) I could never get the car to pass an emission test. As of Jan. 1st it became exempt:dance2: so I registered it, bought a used transmission with the correct gearing and finally got it running properly after screwing up the A/F ratio a few years ago in an attempt to get it to pass an emissions test. The transmission is going to Performance Apex in the morning for NASA lubri-coating (or whatever it's called) on all the gears and I have a set of Sumitomos coming next week.

Hopefully this winter I can find the time and money to tear it apart and get it painted. It needs paint real bad. I'll post better pictures in a day or two.

Last edited:
HI all, here is my new toy

HI all, here is my new toy!

I just bought it in Phily and will pick it up next week. I will go true this website to get info. I would love a list of possible garages from Phily to Montreal Canada? Thanks

Please excuse my bad english it is my second language

ROn from Montreal
:):):)

Thanks guys,

Will put more pictures has I drive the 600 miles back to Montreal... I am still searching for garages in phily and any where from philly to Montreal? Any ideas? Thanks

Ron from Montreal

My 86...

IMG_4458_brush%20copy.jpg

Ok, ok - a little photoshop here. Its not the real color or the exact color to be but this is a work in progress. I hope to have body work/paint completed by August...My other car is a 75 but its stripped to nearly nothing right now and I will unviel later this summer (I hope).

-Tim

Hey, Ron from Montreal, that's Joe B's car!
IMG_1131.jpg

Joe's in the white shirt. My friend Tony the mechanic is helping Joe get the choke sorted out.
IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Joe kept a very nice Z-car as a stable-mate for his X1/9.
IMG_1133.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Joe is a friend of mine. The car is now in Montreal and the choke is still not sorted out.... I am getting the exhaust fixed, a stud is broken in the manifold. Is Z is a fantastic car!

Ron from Montreal

Thanks for the pictures. Joe is a friend of mine. The car is now in Montreal and the choke is still not sorted out.... I am getting the exhaust fixed, a stud is broken in the manifold. Is Z is a fantastic car!

Ron from Montreal

Datsun Z - my favorite Japanese import next to the 510 sedan :)

My turn.....

Well....I've been drooling over ALL the great looking X1/9's here for quite some time and feel it's now time for me to contribute a couple of pics.

This one was purchased in Nov 04, and I had full intentions of restoring it, but with retiring from the Military and having 4 growing kids, that project never even got started. I have accumulated many new and used parts for it over the years. It isn't running, and appears to have a rebuilt engine....a 1500 with a 1300 head.

And this one I purchased in Nov 09 from xWeb member nitrousity, from Edmonton....only a 3 hour drive from Cold Lake. Engine appears to be rebuilt as well, along with many other improvements.

Both are 78's, so all the parts I'd bought for the first one can be used on this one. It has a few quircks, but otherwise is a daily driver. I does need a new interior, which will be transplanted from my other X....door cards and seats, etc...

As well, I know I have a pic of my first X....I think it was a 76 and I had it in the early 80's. I'll have to search for it once I get home as I'm in Kandahar at the moment. More to follow.....

Hi guys, my name is Geoff. I'm from Edmonton, AB, Canada and have had my 1982 X1/9 for over a year now.. It's at the same stage as it was last year at this time - in the garage. Just for different things.

Here it is when I first looked at it trying to decide whether or not to purchase it:
IMG00257.jpg

FYI, the Jag in the background was my daily car at the time.. big difference from one to the other...
IMG00247.jpg

It didn't change much when I first picked it up... however, a couple of days later I was on my way out to some relatives place about 20 minutes out of Edmonton and my clutch disc shattered. It sat in my parents garage for 3 weeks until I finally got it back together..

I had some problems finding tires and the rears were down to the cords in several places. My solution was taking the (yellow) wheels and tires from my 850 Sport Coupe that was sitting around and throwing them on the back... it looked fantastic..
IMG00284.jpg

I was bored one night after getting home from work so I went for a late night cruise. On the way home I hit a deer... minor damage thankfully, but definitely a major PITA. At the same time I found filler...
IMG00311.jpg

So it goes...

It's in the garage right now for a new clutch master cylinder and brake master cylinder. I'm also going to have to do the timing belt on it really soon and sort out a couple of creaks in the suspension.

There's quite a few good looking X's in this thread. I might need to scavenge a few things from ltheriau..

Welcome....

Geoff, welcome to the greatest X resource around.

If there is anything you need, drop me a line and I'll see if I have it.
Keeping in mind.....I'm in Kandahar for 8 weeks, and home for 4.

Nice looking X by the way....even with all that bondo.

Till we meet.....:grin:

New to the family

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_bikL3PNrfHc/TEW-fo6ipbI/AAAAAAAAFd8/ZGpkwG1S_8Q/s400/X19e.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_bikL3PNrfHc/TEW-fZShhcI/AAAAAAAAFd8/Y8ZXWABIpmE/s400/X19b.jpg
X19d.jpg

X19c.jpg

Our first X
to go along with two spiders, one 600 and a 128
the 600 might go
http://scratchybottom.blogspot.com/

Chris
Oakland, Ca.
anybody interested in a 600?
ck the blog for specs and photos

Thanks Lou! Mine's definitely no looker (what am I kidding, for a POS X it gets a lot of looks!)... your blue one looks in much better shape :thumbsup:

That's the only filler I've found on the car is in that one place.. I haven't taken a good enough look elsewhere, but it's solid where it needs to be. If I keep the X, I think it's getting the dallara kit.

karhawk, I did have a 903cc engine and tranny kickin around here that I sold early last year that was going into a 600. I sold it for extremely cheap.. It's too bad because if I still had it I'd practically give it to you.

Back