Those Xs actually appear to be a 75 and 79. The red car's rear bumper looks like 75 model year. The "white?" X looks like it has a smooth sided engine cover which is 79 only. The "X1/9 five Speed" trunk badge was 79 till mid 80 when FI came along and was touted on the trunk. So maybe an early 80 if I am misreading the engine cover. The pictures aren't real good.

Since both cars are "outstanding in their field" and likely stuck in it too, $1500 seems high given the condition. Unless that is the "delivered" price. ;)

Those Xs actually appear to be a 75 and 79. The red car's rear bumper looks like 75 model year. The "white?" X looks like it has a smooth sided engine cover which is 79 only. The "X1/9 five Speed" trunk badge was 79 till mid 80 when FI came along and was touted on the trunk. So maybe an early 80 if I am misreading the engine cover. The pictures aren't real good.

Since both cars are "outstanding in their field" and likely stuck in it too, $1500 seems high given the condition. Unless that is the "delivered" price. ;)
Sounds like he is 0 for 2. It's not like he tried really hard to sell these anyways. I already helped him more than he did himself. :cool:

Back