‘79 ten (10) bolt shaved head M12 $100 New Price

Agnelli

True Classic
Just uninstalled from well running 1500. M12 stud / head version. Carb head. Less than 5000 miles on fresh shave (compression relief removed), pressure test, valves and seats correctly honed by machine shop.56C3A24E-A00C-4B76-ADB9-54D6067A0194.jpeg254E50C6-4954-4263-BC91-C03425E0BB7B.jpeg

Last edited:
Being a '79 carb head I'm guessing it has the passage between the exhaust ports cast into it? You'll see it looking into the thermostat area, a small opening off to one side that goes back into the head. You can also see the openings in each cylinder's exhaust port, but the valves need to be removed so easier to use the first method. Thanks for checking.

It would also have an M16x1.5 port between cylinders 2 and 3 for the reed valve (49 state) or air pump (CA) connection versus the 4 individual ports on the 1300 heads.

Will do. I can tell you definitively it’s a 79 the casting says so. I will look at the head per your request and come back to you.

Being a '79 carb head I'm guessing it has the passage between the exhaust ports cast into it? You'll see it looking into the thermostat area, a small opening off to one side that goes back into the head. You can also see the openings in each cylinder's exhaust port, but the valves need to be removed so easier to use the first method. Thanks for checking.
thermo head.jpg

Interesting, that looks like a non-EGR passage head. This may not be from a '79 originally. I'll send a message to your "inbox".

A photo from Agnelli of the head casting numbers & date code (next to spark plug #1) would indicate which head this is. Another photo of the intake port openings would confirm if this is a carb vs. FI head.

Last edited:
Confirming this is a 1979 early FI head.
Just to clarify, it is a early FI head manufactured in late '79. ;) Being shaved, it is a excellent upgrade for a FI engine and will work well with a properly functioning stock FI system. :)

Back