Gtturbo

True Classic
As above

£1000 plus postage

Forged pistons 87mm- brand new
Forged rods - brand new
Crankshaft - used but excellent condition

Pictures to follow.

What will the compression be with these pistons using a U.S spec big valve head planned to the point the recessed ring is gone. I believe 87 is stock piston size so with this setup is it a straight drop in and will this setup work with a stock or Felpro "No re-torque" head gasket.

Lastly are the con-rods balanced or could they be ?

'PeteX1/9

No idea mate you'd have to mesure everything up, every engine will have a slighly difference compression ratio so I couldn't say 100%

Not sure on headgasket you've mentioned.

Also conrods I'd say balanced seeing as there forged rods.

Sorry couldn't answer much there.

Hello!

This is a stroker kit for an 1.6l Turbo engine! You have then an CR from 8,5:1 with an 1.6l block! On an 1.5l Block like your x 1 9 you need or should have an CR from 11:1 for an N/A engine and next problem the crank suits not to your blocks!

Its a really really good price from GTturbo! You must buy, if you want this kit an complete 1.6l block! They are nearly p&P for the X 1/9!

Keule,

did Fiat produce 1.6L turbo engine? I Know they made 1.3 and 1.4 versions in the Uno and Punto,but no 1.6L turbo.

However,the 1.5-1.6 engines respond well to turbocharging. As far as i know the X 1.5 engine will not accept these 1.9 kits,as there is some difference between the castings. My mate did a 1.9 turbo conversion in a Punto,not sure wich casting he used,but it needed some machining.

Althrough, the stock bore for 1.5-1.6 is 86,4mm,so for 87mm pistons you need to bore.

Althrough,great price for the kit,just get a 1.6 engine casting and then you are ready to go!

Before week finished big valve head for 1,9 chamber 35,5ccm , gasket 2mm , pressed 1,8mm , valve pocket 5,5ccm , block need only minor grinding for rods ( 1,6 block) not touch oil line , when installing crank rod /piston we knew we are ok or we need cc surface catted head for 11-11,3 :1 for 98/100 super gasoline from pump but we are close on mate but all will be 100% only when all parts is block

Would this be more appealing if it came with an engine block ?

I don't mind sending with a 1.6 engine block. For those interested let me know ..

Pictures..

DucOXaX.jpg

WtvQ7gg.png

Uh, ew

So what I am hearing is this kit *could* be used in a 1.5 block? I have seen an 1.8 carb'd but not a 1.9

Also sounds like it is really suited for the 1.6 turbo correct? Not a common engine here in the stats :(

This kit isn't for a light hearted tuner.. You need to know what your dealing with before purchasing.. Basically you need to be a do'er not a talk'er if that makes any sense at all? That's why I've offered to send it already installed with a block which then you'd only need to fit a head to it ect..

This kit isn't for a light hearted tuner.. You need to know what your dealing with before purchasing.. Basically you need to be a do'er not a talk'er if that makes any sense at all? That's why I've offered to send it already installed with a block which then you'd only need to fit a head to it ect..

Uh, ok. Offering the whole block with kit installed is a good idea and sort of answered my question I guess. Please post a $ for the entire kit + block.

Thanks,
Tim

Suggestions on a head to use then?

Also, if I already have an Uno Turbo, can I use the head and intake or should I fab up something different?

Thanks!

Eric.

Price for the kit with block would be £3500 delivered. That would include bearings machine work, getting the block bored out ect.

Eric you could use the UNO turbo head and intake if you wanted to. That's how I've done mine mate.

Last edited:
Back