1100 Yugo Head Ported or 1500 Milled?

Bayrat

I hear the 1100 head doesn't flow well, but I opened up the ports a while back and think they're a little larger than the gasket. Also 3 angle and opened up around valves as per Cosentino book. Supposedly the exhaust valves don't matter. Bought the 42/82 off ebay and want to try running it with the fuel injection in my 83. I'm thinking of trying a carbed Yugo Exhaust manifold hogged out somehow. I had a 42/82 in a 1300 with this head, header and dual 40's. Lot's of fun and I loved the chop. Was in a Yugo GVX, Abarth stickers, huge scorpion on the hood, weber carburatori on the fenders and huge "YUSPEED" across the back glass! Had lot's of fun with the Honda's, VW's, and even scared a couple of Vette's, although they would have tore me up if they had the ball-oons. Thoughts???? Thanks, Pete

is that the cam I just sold?

unless there are 2 people selling the same cam, I think you bought mine. When I asked this a while back Steve H told me the best setup is the 1500 head with oversized 1300 pistons. You gain compression with the pistons but keep the flow of the 1500 head. If you go with the yogo head, I do have a stripped 1100 cc head sitting around

Mike

A related question is which is the best 1500cc head available? In the US we have both carb and FI heads with slight differences. I don't know if the later FI head is different besides the extra head bolts. Then we have all the offerings available overseas. Is there a readily available head from a Fiat not marketed in the US that will bolt onto a X1/9 block and outflow the stock 1500 head?

What is it exactly you are looking for? You originally asked a question concerning the Yugo head vs the FIAT. Are you looking for the recipe for the most horsepower in a normally aspirated engine? If so ask that question, i.e. engine configuration and hp (actually measured naturally).

Peace,
Brian "Staley"

What is it exactly you are looking for? You originally asked a question concerning the Yugo head vs the FIAT. Are you looking for the recipe for the most horsepower in a normally aspirated engine? If so ask that question, i.e. engine configuration and hp (actually measured naturally).

Peace,
Brian "Staley"

My apologies to Bayrat for taking over his thread. Bayrat originally asked about the Yugo vs FIAT head. I expanded on the subject in what I thought was a related fashion asking specifically about the 1500cc and later heads. Steve's post peaked my interest because of my own project. I am working on an X1/9 for autocross use but have yet to decide whether to target the build toward GP or DP. Either way it will be built on a budget. The class I choose will dictate induction choice and if I am reading the rules correctly valve size, GP is stock while DP is unrestricted. One decision I need to make is what head to start with.

Vince

I've been working on a SOHC porting article, but like all things, life gets in the way.

I'm currently porting a sohc head for a 1600 (67.4mm stroke) conversion I'm working on (37.5mm inlet valve, 32 throat, 30 port) so I'll get some pictures posted into the SOHC head thread and a guide to what to do.

I've posted a few more cylinder head pictures and some of a head sliced up ... which is worth 1000 words.

SteveC

Back