128 front brake hoses

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
Although the 128 and X1/9 share the same front calipers (and most of the drive train surrounding them), I see the front brake hoses have different part numbers. However they appear to look the same in general parts catalog pictures. So what is the difference between the 128 and X1/9 front brake hoses? Can they be interchanged?

Length... other than that they have the same fittings at each end.

128 front 305mm long
X19 series 1 front 276mm long
X19 series 2 front 245mm long

SteveC

Thank you Steve.
Figured that was it, but never thought I'd get the actual lengths as well...impressive. :)
Funny though, I've never noticed any separate listings for the two different X19 lengths of brake hoses, usually they just list all years together.

I sell a lot more (like 5+:1) of the 275/280mm long ones, as these fit the one piece style caliper very well, which is the same caliper as 128, 124 and many other models.

The X19 also came with a 'two piece' design for a few years, where the caliper piston and outer were separate to the 'body' which was a U shaped cast iron fixture.

Matt at midwest lists both lengths, 11 1/4 inch and 10 inch hoses in his store too...I just had a look.

My length information comes straight out of my Pirelli catalogue, the OEM for the brake hoses.

SteveC

Back