13" Tires

Stock tires on a 1980 were 165/70/SR13

According to the owner's manual, the stock tires on a 1980 Fiat X1/9 were 165/70/SR13. You can get an all-season Sumi HTR-T4 in this size from Tirerack:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...e&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&RunFlat=All

Anyone have a manual handy for the later model Bertones? Were they "officially 185/60/13? Tirerack only shows the Sumi HTR 200s in 185/60/13 as far as a street tire goes.

Has anybody ever ran a 185/70/13? It looks like it would be pretty tall with a diameter 1.1" more than a 165/70/13.

Here is the calculator from the Miata site if you want to play with size changes:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Demon Tweeks

Demon Tweeks carries the Yokos and they ship everywhere.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...ion_Tyres/Yokohama_Advan_A048R_Tyre/1790/2097

I figured I would create this thread to show the limited options available to us Fiat owners with 13" rims.

I just found this gem.....

http://www.yokohama-online.com/Products.33.0.html?&no_cache=1&tx_yokotyres_pi2[showUid]=1&tx_yokotyres_pi2[tyres_L0]=1&tx_yokotyres_pi2[tyres_L1]=4&tx_yokotyres_pi2[tyre]=7&cHash=acfab2e678#

Now, to find a dealer that carries it.

With shipping to the USA it comes out to 406 pounds= 641 USD which is about $160 each. Its a bit pricey but they are one nice tire. I have a set on mine and they are crazy sticky.

Jim D ,,

I have 185-70-13 on the rear of my X . Just wearing them out as my sister was scrapping them. They fit fine on the rear only,, and would be too big for the front. They fill in the rear wheel wells quite nice, but do look a bit too big. Stock suspension.

Greg,,

Did they enlarge the wheel wells at the factory or are they the same as previoous models.?? My 79/81 listed 165-70-13 as the stock tires. I just receive 4 Sumitomas(185-60-13) last week. and will likely have them on later next month. :thumbsup:

I like those Sumis...

...my ugly brown X is currently wearing the 185/60-13s. Likes them.:thumbsup:

Thanks Jim

I have 185-70-13 on the rear of my X . Just wearing them out as my sister was scrapping them. They fit fine on the rear only,, and would be too big for the front. They fill in the rear wheel wells quite nice, but do look a bit too big. Stock suspension.

I figured they might have "issues" up front. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

No...

If anything the wheel wells are smaller because of the liners. But, 185/60R13 is smaller diameter overall than both 165/70R13 and 185/70R13. So they fit.

This is one reason I went with the 195/55R14 for my Maserati wheels, the overall diameter is (theoretically) about the same as early stock size, so brings the speedo back to near normal, whatever that is.:huh:

195/50R14 would be the ideal, just a hair smaller, but no one makes that size.

Just YOU Ed... just YOU...

Apparently YOU haven't purchased any REAL tires lately for a REAL car...

HA!

I assure you... you will be happy with the Sumitumos... at almost any price. But you can go out and pay more if ya want!

Also... call around to the "drop-ship" dealers you are considering and ask him/her for a break on mounting/spin-balancing and installation. I got mine done for 12 bucks a tire...

Sounds Awesome...

What compound did you select for spirited street driving, medium or soft? The price may seem pricey but actually $100.00 cheaper then getting a set of Toyo R888's from the U.S shipped.

Would these Yoko's compare to Toyo R888's ?

'PeteX1/9

There is a guy that stops by my shop from time to time. He got a R888 tire from a shop that had one. It wore out in some 3,000 miles.

Ed

Exactly !

Those are all track tires...maybe Cool to have and sticky but no life to them if you actually drive your X.

Demon Tweeks is a good source...I've gotten Yoko 058's from them and Falkens in the past.

Also try eBay Germany as the Euro is more friendly to us then the Sterling...

Toyo RA1s are a 100 UTQG tread rating which is a better option if you can find them then R888 if you want some actual road life for the tire.

Compare this to the Sumis at 380 UTQG tread rating.

There is a guy that stops by my shop from time to time. He got a R888 tire from a shop that had one. It wore out in some 3,000 miles.

165/80-13's

Is what the PO had on the Light Blue X when I bought it. They were WAY tall and completely ruined the handling. You could feel the tire "fall over" in a turn! :eek: and they didn't fit on the front without rubbing. They were quickly swaped out for the 185/60-13's and nicer rims until my father wore them out and put the 165/80-13's back on. Knew I should've striped those tires off the rims. LOL

Here's a pic with them on the rear of the car.
IMG_0855.jpg

local shops

Just just my local store last week and bought me a new set. Here locally in Indy the Discount Tire Chain has falken 185/60r13 in stock $84 each! I just purchased 2 185/60r13 sumi's for $131 ($47 ea + mount and warranty) mounted and lifetime warrantied. Store rated wear at 380. Ordered the 205/60r13 for the rear at $141 ($57 ea + mount and warranty) a pair mounted and warrantied. Yoko's 185/60r13 with a wear rate of only 80 where available at $94 ea. Know they have online store and ship anywhere. Best part is they will match or beat any offer at there stores.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/home.do

Back