1300 & 1500 Cylinder Heads F/S

Jeff Stich

True Classic
'79/'80 Strada carbed 1500 head (same as X1/9 carbed 1500).

strada1500head00.jpg

No longer available - I'm using it for spare parts (valves/springs/retainers, studs & sensors).

Last edited:
128 & X1/9 1300 head #1. Good overall condition with no combustion chamber damage or major corrosion areas. The 4 external emissions ports on the front of the head are open, but can be easily plugged with appropriate-sized hex plugs (or bolts). All manifold & thermostat housing mounting studs are intact, heater (coolant) tube is missing. All valve springs look to have been recently replaced (ie: they're fairly new-looking). Head/manifold/thermo gasket surfaces need to be cleaned of old material & combustion chambers need carbon deposits removed, other than that all surfaces appear to be in good shape. The casting number on this head is 128AC.OC.000040/4 - 4315419.

$85 + USPS shipping from 92860.

1300h1a.jpg 1300h1e.jpg 1300h1b.jpg 1300h1c.jpg 1300h1d.jpg 1300h1f.jpg 1300h1g.jpg 1300h1h.jpg 1300h1i.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jeff, I'm looking for a few things you might be able to help with. I'll send you a message. Thanks, Jeff

SOLD - 128 & X1/9 1300 head #2. Nice overall condition with no combustion chamber damage or major corrosion areas. The 2 large emissions ports on the front of the head have been plugged with a flanged-head bolt with copper washer (center) & a flush-mount hex plug (right). The 2 intake manifold coolant ports have been plugged with flush-mount hex plugs (removable if desired). All but one of the manifold & thermostat housing mounting studs have been removed, the heater (coolant) tube is also missing. The cambox & thermostat housing mounting surfaces need to be cleaned of old gasket material, other than that all gasket surfaces appear to be in good shape. Very minor carbon deposits on the combustion chambers & valve heads. The casting number on this head is 128BB1A - 4388928, casting date code is July 1977.

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

1300h2a.jpg

Last edited:
That 1500 might have potential. Do you think it would be OK just rebuilt? Or do you think it would require some machine work to make better with the mentioned damage?

That 1500 might have potential. Do you think it would be OK just rebuilt? Or do you think it would require some machine work to make better with the mentioned damage?

If it were me, I'd most likely have a machine shop spot-weld up the small divots in combustion chamber #1, machine that chamber to match the others, then a very light skim as needed to ensure the headgasket surface is completely flat (standard procedure when rebuilding a head anyway). The cheap price I put on this head is taking this work into consideration.

Back