1300 1500 Inlet Manifold Query

Fofs216

Hello all,

Does anybody know if the inlet manifolds are interchangeable between 1300 and 1500 engines please?

I'm planning to fit a 1500 engine into my wife's 128 and have been offered a twin DCNF type manifold that has 1300 stamped upon it. I'm hoping they're physically the same?

Many thanks in advance,
Jamie

Yes. They are interchangable.

You might find some difference in the port size, but as long as it's for a 128 then you should be fine. Using an X1/9 manifold will have the carbs sitting at the wrong angle.

Hello all,

Does anybody know if the inlet manifolds are interchangeable between 1300 and 1500 engines please?

I'm planning to fit a 1500 engine into my wife's 128 and have been offered a twin DCNF type manifold that has 1300 stamped upon it. I'm hoping they're physically the same?

Many thanks in advance,
Jamie

Just to be more clear or for just repeating the same thing with different wording:
If the twin DCNF manifold was intended for a 128 1300 then it will fit and work properly in your 128.
If it was intended for an X19 it will fit but carbs would be at a different angle than factory intended. All this cause even thou its the same engine they were positioned/angled differently in order to accommodate/pack everything better in the engine bay of each model in particular.

Theres a difference in engine angles whenever motor is fitted in a 128 and or an X19 from the factory. You can fit a 1500 X19 engine on a 128 but you need the right 128 manifold for it to work as it should.

Thank you Karfrik,
I did originally have an X1/9 1500 engine lined up until I discovered the potential issues around the increased tilt angle in the 128 and the different sump and associated oil pick-up.
I've now managed to source a complete Lancia Delta 1500 and I believe that engine should fit nicely. I will also keep the five speed gearbox and source the appropriate anti-roll bar with the aim of fitting that box at a later date.
Regards,
Jamie

Thank you Karfrik,
I did originally have an X1/9 1500 engine lined up until I discovered the potential issues around the increased tilt angle in the 128 and the different sump and associated oil pick-up.
I've now managed to source a complete Lancia Delta 1500 and I believe that engine should fit nicely. I will also keep the five speed gearbox and source the appropriate anti-roll bar with the aim of fitting that box at a later date.
Regards,
Jamie

Don't get me wrong as it can be easily swaped and here in the states its been done for yrs.But there are some variances that you need to take notice and make sure to have the right car parts to make it work.Good luck!!

Back